Need clarity on vendor.img for the 5X and 6P

James Musselwhite

Sep 20, 2016, 3:13:27 PM9/20/16
to Android Building
Hello folks

The 5X and 6P self-extracting drivers create a vendor.img file that is almost exactly the same as the vendor.img file in the factory image bundle. Do I even need to do the initial driver extraction as stated in "Extract Propriety Binaries"?

Is this even a build step or is it just a way to get the vendor.img file? Are the 5X and 6P special cases that do not follow the normal instructions?

Thank you
James

James Musselwhite

Sep 21, 2016, 1:24:05 AM9/21/16
to Android Building
Still very confused here. AOSP build NRD90U builds fine with no /vendor in the root directory. I have no idea if I need to extract https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/huawei-angler-3235634-df9ca39a.tgz and https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/qcom-angler-3235634-6e661c6c.tgz into the root folder. The factory images contain a "vendor.img" that supposedly contain all the drivers.

Anyone?

Jy Wang

Sep 21, 2016, 3:19:16 PM9/21/16
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Hi James

I am confused too. The official website does not clarify this problem which wastes me some time to figure out reason when my 5x suck in google logo screen.

---

Daniel Micay

Oct 4, 2016, 5:41:52 PM10/4/16
to Android Building
If you want a fully working build, vendor.img has to be reassembled and signed. You also need various binary blobs for system.img. Google doesn't publish the blobs or a working build system for them as they once used to.

https://github.com/anestisb/android-prepare-vendor takes care of dealing with the whole mess as sanely as possible. There are a lot of fine details to get right.