How to build Android SDK tools such as chimpchat or ddmlib?

Hamilton Turner

Oct 7, 2015, 7:23:46 PM10/7/15
to Android Building
I'm trying to compile some of the Jars from <SDKROOT>/tools/lib myself. All the resources I can find reference using a gradle wrapper, but it appears the source code compilation method has changed -- I'm only finding build.gradle files, most of which have dependencies that are not found. Can anyone advice on what I'm doing wrong?

$ repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-5.1.0_r1 -g all,-notdefault,tools
$ repo sync
$ cd tools
/swt/chimpchat
$ gradle tasks
A problem occurred evaluating root project
'chimpchat'.
> No such property: archivesBaseName for class: org.gradle.api.internal.project.DefaultProject_Decorated
$ cd
..
$ gradle tasks
A problem occurred evaluating root project
'swt'.
> Plugin with id 'sdk-files' not found.
$ cd
../base/ddmlib
$ gradle tasks
A problem occurred evaluating root project 'ddmlib'.
> Plugin with id 'sdk-java-lib' not found.

There is a <AOSP_ROOT>/tools/base folder that does succeed with gradle tasks, but it appears to have no subprojects or compilation-specific tasks defined.

Thanks,
Hamilton

sorra dawnstar

May 9, 2017, 2:01:03 PM5/9/17
to Android Building, hamiltont...@gmail.com
I just met exactly the same problem when trying platform/tools/base! Oops!

在 2015年10月8日星期四 UTC+8上午7:23:46,Hamilton Turner写道: