The import android.accounts cannot be resolved

Ralph Bergmann

Apr 26, 2016, 12:04:35 PM4/26/16
to Android Building
Hello,

It is my first try to make a bigger change but I failed :-(

The ContentResolver class has a hidden method called getSyncStatus()[1].
But I think this SyncStatusInfo is a nice information I want to use from
within my app.

So I created a similar method in ContentResolverCompat without the @hide
flag and created a extra SyncStatusInfo class also without the @hide flag.

In Eclipse it looks good, no warnings or errors.

But when I try to build the whole Android source code I get this error
messages

ERROR:
/development/android/frameworks/support/v4/java/android/support/v4/content/SyncStatusInfo.java:91:
android.content.SyncStatusInfo cannot be resolved to a type
ERROR:
/development/android/frameworks/support/v4/java/android/support/v4/content/ContentResolverCompat.java:19:
The import android.accounts cannot be resolved
ERROR:
/development/android/frameworks/support/v4/java/android/support/v4/content/ContentResolverCompat.java:137:
Account cannot be resolved to a type
ERROR:
/development/android/frameworks/support/v4/java/android/support/v4/content/ContentResolverCompat.java:138:
android.content.SyncStatusInfo cannot be resolved to a type
ERROR:
/development/android/frameworks/support/v4/java/android/support/v4/content/ContentResolverCompat.java:146:
Account cannot be resolved to a type
ERROR:
/development/android/frameworks/support/v4/java/android/support/v4/content/ContentResolverCompat.java:148:
android.content.SyncStatusInfo cannot be resolved to a type

Why are this imports not available when I call make on the console?

Ralph

p.s. is it poosible to build the support lib only with the make command?

[1] ...
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/refs/heads/master/core/java/android/content/ContentResolver.java#2332

diff.txt