Nexus S kernel config

MS

Jan 13, 2011, 1:26:22 PM1/13/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to find the config.gz file in proc on the Nexus but I don't see one. Wher/how do I get the kernel configurations of the kernel shipped with the device?

Thanks
Mike

Name Less, the Jedi

Jan 13, 2011, 1:45:50 PM1/13/11

13-01-2011 19:27 użytkownik "MS" <stone...@gmail.com> napisał:

> I am trying to find the config.gz file in proc on the Nexus but I don't see one. Wher/how do I get the kernel configurations of the kernel shipped with the device?

Look in /proc pseudofilesystem. If it's not there you are out of luck I guess

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Jan 13, 2011, 1:49:26 PM1/13/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I might be wrong here, but doesn't "make herring_defconfig" take care of that?

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Daniel Goller

Jan 13, 2011, 3:05:37 PM1/13/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

That is correct.
But I suggest adjusting it after a successful build and booting it.
It's otherwise a full debug build.

There is a Nexus S Bluetooth issue on android-building where you will find the proper mkbootimg invocation.
Which you would see at the end of an aosp build as well.
Just mentioning it since building boot.img is quite different for people used to build for. SGS
Simpler imho, but different.

MS

Jan 13, 2011, 5:16:47 PM1/13/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
So

1. export CROSS_COMPILE=~/bin/android-ndk-r5/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/
2. export ARCH=arm
3. make herring_defconfig
4. sudo make

- I have to sudo because I am getting a permission denied out of bin/android-ndk-r5/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/
- Should I be doing make oldconfig for step 4? I ask because it asks me y/n/? for about 300 questions when I type make. I figured when I did make herring_defconfig it creates a .config for me? Problem is when I then do make configold it creates .config again. I think I am a bit confused on what make herring_defconfig is actually supposed to do for me

MS

Jan 13, 2011, 5:27:08 PM1/13/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I messed that up in the prior post.

Let's try again

ms@strabo:~/bin/kernel/samsung$ export ARCH=arm
ms@strabo:~/bin/kernel/samsung$ export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-
ms@strabo:~/bin/kernel/samsung$ export PATH=$PATH:~/bin/android-ndk-r5/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/
ms@strabo:~/bin/kernel/samsung$ make herring_defconfig
arch/arm/configs/herring_defconfig:320:warning: override: reassigning to symbol LOCALVERSION_AUTO
arch/arm/configs/herring_defconfig:330:warning: override: reassigning to symbol NET_ACTIVITY_STATS
#
# configuration written to .config
#
ms@strabo:~/bin/kernel/samsung$ make
make: execvp: arm-eabi-gcc: Permission denied
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig
include/config/auto.conf:117:warning: symbol value 'elf64-x86-64' invalid for OUTPUT_FORMAT
include/config/auto.conf:174:warning: symbol value 'arch/x86/configs/x86_64_defconfig' invalid for ARCH_DEFCONFIG
include/config/auto.conf:399:warning: symbol value '-fcall-saved-rdi -fcall-saved-rsi -fcall-saved-rdx -fcall-saved-rcx -fcall-saved-r8 -fcall-saved-r9 -fcall-saved-r10 -fcall-saved-r11' invalid for ARCH_HWEIGHT_CFLAGS

*** Error during update of the kernel configuration.

make[2]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2
make: *** No rule to make target `include/config/auto.conf', needed by `include/config/kernel.release'.  Stop.

MS

Jan 14, 2011, 3:27:10 PM1/14/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone confirm I am executing the steps correctly? I am still having problem with permission denied too...