NRD90Z Pulled for Shamu - Any Reason?

Christopher Price

Nov 8, 2016, 6:54:46 PM11/8/16
to Android Building
The NRD90Z build was pulled from Nexus Factory Images when NBD91P was posted. See: https://developers.google.com/android/images#shamu

Is there any reason for this? I'm just concerned there is something wrong with NRD90Z that could cause problems if it were tracked back to and compiling.

I can't recall the last time that Google pulled a Nexus build. I thought it could have been an HTML bug, but it was also pulled from the OTA tree too.

---
Christopher Price

PeterK

Nov 8, 2016, 7:05:03 PM11/8/16
to Android Building
There never was an NRD90Z published for Shamu\Nexus 6. Are you thinking of the NBD90Z build which is still there?

Direct link to NBD90Z (large download)

Pete.

Christopher Price

Nov 9, 2016, 10:38:44 AM11/9/16
to Android Building
Yes, apologies for the (repeat) typo.

It looks like Google just uploaded the November '16 security releases up alongside putting back NBD90Z on the page.

I'm now seeing all three new releases, and NBD90Z back alongside it on the Nexus image site. I think it's cool that they're posting the 6.0.1 security patches as builds there, not sure the use case - but looks nice to see all those builds!

I had three people looking for it today because (of course) my Nexus 6 was the only one that wasn't pulling down the NBD91P OTA.

Looks like it's all sorted now on the Nexus site, and I flashed the NBD91P over-the-wire, which fixed my Shamu too.

Happy building!