Android AOSP modification erros out

Ankur Bhatia

May 13, 2016, 2:22:58 PM5/13/16
to Android Building

I am trying to understand the flow of code in the native android. For the same, I downloaded the Android source code and built images for my android device. I have the following java and javac versions in my system.

  1. javac 1.7.0_79
  2. java version "1.7.0_79"

I am trying to build Android for 5.1.1.r3. on Ununtu 14.04. When I make, every thing works as expected. i am able to create images and my device boots with those as well. Now I added some simple Logs on some the files like: Android/frameworks/base/core/java/android/app/ContextImpl.java and performed a make again. I get the error : java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/google/doclava/Doclava : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0. I am not able to understand why I get this error when I just add a few Logs in one of the files. It should have occurred right at the first make as well, or not? I read a lot about this error and found it is because of the mismatch between run time and compile time versions. But I have Java 1.7 and javac 1.7. Anyone faced this before?

Regards

Ankur