Strange R.id reference in Android L TvSettings application

DavidRobin

Feb 3, 2015, 3:59:27 AM2/3/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I recently came across the source code of AndroidL TvSettings application.
In packages/apps/TvSettings/Settings/src/com/android/tv/settings/dialog/DialogActionAdapter.java, it only imports android.support.v17.leanback.R;
However, in the source code, resources like R.id.action_title is defined in the resources of TvSettings.
I am wondering how this can pass the build? (It really does).

I am asking this question because I am trying to import this project into Eclipse with ADT.
I have add all the dependency and framework jars, but still has errors due to R.id.action_title is not in package android.support.v17.leanback.R

Is there any black magic used in AOSP build system?