7.0 aosp_x86-eng adb always lists emulator as offline

Anatoly Korniltsev

Sep 18, 2016, 4:51:28 PM9/18/16
to Android Building
I've built aosp_x86-eng from master branch, when I run emulator it works fine except adb devices always lists the emulator as offline.

Does anyone know the reason/solution?
Thanks.

Miodrag Dinic

Sep 20, 2016, 10:26:35 AM9/20/16
to Android Building
Hello Anatoly,

emulator binaries in AOSP prebuilts dir are broken for quite some time. We are in the process of testing the fresh emulator binaries built from the tip of the tree emu-master-dev branch for all architectures.
The fresh prebuilts should appear on Gerrit soon, hopefully by the end of this week. You should occasionally check https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/q/project:platform/prebuilts/android-emulator .

As a workaround, you could build the emulator binaries yourself :

Rebuild emulators from scratch

mkdir <EMU_MASTER_DEV>

cd <EMU_MASTER_DEV>

repo init -u
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b emu-master-dev
repo sync

# Building the emulators from scratch

cd external/qemu

./android-rebuild.sh

# The binaries are located in external/qemu/objs

Lunching the emulator

# Setup AOSP environment variables which will help the emulator to pick up appropriate images from the build.

# You stick to using this terminal when running the emulator

cd <AOSP>

source build/envsetup.sh

lunch aosp_X-eng

cd <EMU_MASTER_DEV>/external/qemu