repo sync fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota

bor...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2011, 9:40:52 PM10/27/11
to android-building
Hi all:
    I'm try to get last android source, but got same errors.

border@b0rder:~/android/android-2.3.3_r1$ repo sync
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
Fetching projects:   0% (1/167)  fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota

border@b0rder:~/android/android-2.3.3_r1$ repo --version
repo version v1.7.7.5
git version 1.7.4.1
Python 2.7.1+ (r271:86832, Apr 11 2011, 18:13:53)
[GCC 4.5.2]

--
Bian Jiang
http://www.wifihack.net/

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 28, 2011, 12:40:01 PM10/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
There are quotas enforced per IP address, so it looks like you (or
someone else you share an address with) has already used the quota for
this time period. The quotas reset after a short while.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Luciano Carvalho

Dec 21, 2011, 1:31:17 PM12/21/11
to Android Building
JB,

How much is the quota? And how long it takes to reset?

I'm mirroring master, ics-mr0 and ics-mr1 + the tags to your internal
servers a few times a day.

How often should I do it to avoid blowing up my quota?

Thanks,

Luciano.

On Oct 28, 10:40 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> There are quotas enforced per IP address, so it looks like you (or
> someone else you share an address with) has already used the quota for
> this time period. The quotas reset after a short while.
>
> JBQ
>

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM, bord...@gmail.com <bord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >     I'm try to get last android source, but got same errors.
>
> > border@b0rder:~/android/android-2.3.3_r1$ repo sync
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > Fetching projects:   0% (1/167)  fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > fatal: remote error: User Is Over Quota
> > border@b0rder:~/android/android-2.3.3_r1$ repo --version
> > repo version v1.7.7.5
> >        (fromhttps://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo)

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 21, 2011, 2:09:32 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
-The quota is large enough to clone 3 regular trees per day per IP
address, or a full mirror plus a regular tree. If should also be
enough to git fetch an entire regular tree per day, and to do at least
a no-op repo sync of a full mirror every hour.

-If you're mirroring, I strongly recommend that you do 1 full mirror
and then create your other clients from here. That way, you're really
only hitting the server for one copy.
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/mirror/manifest --mirror
; repo sync
repo init -u <path_to_mirror>/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync

-You can create an account instead of using anonymous access. That'll
give you a higher quota, and you won't have to worry about sharing IP
addresses. This is still somewhat experimental and not documented
anywhere else:
-Create an account at https://android.googlesource.com/new-password
and follow the instructions to update your .netrc
-Access the server via the authenticated URI
https://android.googlesource.com/a/platform/manifest (or equivalent
for the various manifests or direct clones). You can use repo init -u
on an existing client to switch it over.

JBQ

Al Sutton

Dec 21, 2011, 2:05:27 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Do you need to mirror each tag? I mirror the repository once then use checkouts of the individual branches from that one mirror.

Al.

Luciano Carvalho

Dec 21, 2011, 2:22:28 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm have a full mirror of master and I push branches and tags to my internal servers.

Simply:
repo sync -j8
repo forall -c 'git push aosp +refs/heads/*:refs/heads/* +refs/tags/*:refs/tags/*'

(obviously, there is a pushInsteadOf rule in my gitconfig)

Technically, what I'm doing is a no-op repo sync of the full mirrors every 3 hours.
As per JBQ's response, this should be OK, and it was for a while.

I just realized 2 users have done a full sync from Google instead of doing it from our internal servers and that's why the quota is messed up.

I'll reinforce the rules, and will also try to create the user in the Google server as JB has pointed out.

Luciano.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 21, 2011, 2:34:57 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Please let me know how things go with a user account. That should give
you more margin to better support your users, and isolate you from
situations where someone using the same IP address exhausts the
anonymous quota for that address.

JBQ

Luciano Carvalho

Dec 21, 2011, 2:41:31 PM12/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Sure thing JB.
I'm glad to be back working on Android platform stuff and hope I'll contribute as I was able to do couple years ago with git/repo/gerrit.

Luciano