Need recommendation on continuous integration on Android OS build

Gang cheng

Mar 3, 2016, 4:43:15 PM3/3/16
to Android Building
Hi there,

I tried to set up a build server that can do continuous integration on Android OS build.
I heard Jenkins is one choice. Before I jump into it, I would love to hear suggestion from the community.
Any link or guide will be very helpful. Any tips is also very appreciated!

Thanks!

Anushree Ganjam

Mar 4, 2016, 9:32:36 PM3/4/16
to Android Building
Hi,
Here are the steps which I followed,
This involves knowledge on git, gerrit & Jenkins
1. Download the aosp code and put it on gerrit server. Create your own branch and change the .repo/manifests/default.xml to refer to your gerrit server.
2. Now write the Jenkins job to go and check this gerrit server for any new checkins on this  new branch
3. If there are checkins, make the build and see if CI is pass in Jenkins.

You can check

Thanks.