Unable to run emulator after building AOSP

Md.Abdul Baset Sarker

Oct 19, 2016, 11:02:56 AM10/19/16
to Android Building
Hi,
After building successfully by "~$ make -j" , if I run  "~$emulator"  it shows bellow problem
I am usin Ubuntu 14.04 , please help me to solve the problem .. Thanks in advance..

==========
sh: 1: glxinfo: not found
emulator: WARNING: system partition size adjusted to match image file (1792 MB > 200 MB)

emulator: WARNING: data partition size adjusted to match image file (550 MB > 200 MB)

sh: 1: glxinfo: not found
emulator: WARNING: encryption is off
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  149 ()
  Minor opcode of failed request:  2
  Serial number of failed request:  35
  Current serial number in output stream:  36
QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread

aosp.b...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 10:36:53 AM6/30/17
to Android Building
Hi,

I had similar issues. I think it was related to the video driver.
Still what fixed my problems was to use

lunch full-eng

After this, make and start the emulator. It should work.

Jon

Jul 25, 2017, 12:18:24 AM7/25/17
to Android Building
Try using the "-gpu off" option.

emulator -gpu off

which will run without opengl support.

bulat davlyatshin

Dec 27, 2017, 3:26:10 PM12/27/17
to Android Building
Hi,
I have downloaded and built aosp successfully, but I can't run it on ubuntu 14.04.
I go through all the procedures like
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch full-eng
make -j4

Everything is good so far but as soon as I start 'emulator' command it shows the the following message:

emulator: WARNING: system partition size adjusted to match image file (2048 MB > 200 MB)
emulator: WARNING: encryption is off
WARNING: Unknown AVD name [<build>], use -list-avds to see valid list.
ANDROID_AVD_HOME is defined but there is no file <build>.ini in $ANDROID_AVD_HOME
(Note: Directories are searched in the order $ANDROID_AVD_HOME, $ANDROID_SDK_HOME/avd and $HOME/.android/avd)

For the record, ANDROID_AVD_HOME variable is pointing to ~/.android/avd and it has .ini files in it.
So my question is what I am missing here

Komal D

Jan 7, 2018, 11:15:45 AM1/7/18
to Android Building
Hi! In case the emulator provided by AOSP doesn't work, you can use an external emulator.
Create an AVD in android-studio and try running the compiled image on it. I'm sure it will work.

Roy Luo

Oct 9, 2018, 8:20:50 AM10/9/18
to Android Building
How to run a compiled image for emulator in android-studio? I can not find any option in the android-studio AVD manager.

Mohd Irfan

Jun 9, 2020, 1:41:31 PM6/9/20
to Android Building
Hi Komal,
please help me , i am new for aosp build, could you please explain how to compile the image on external emulator