Android Bluetooth Fluoride Native Linux Build is Broken

Ryan Mennecke

Oct 29, 2016, 12:24:08 PM10/29/16
to Android Building
The native Linux install instructions are out of data and broken. The install instructions were created with an out of date Ubuntu OS (15.04 not available) and a out of date GCC compiler (v5.2.1). Below is the original issue that I opened in the android developer tracker system, but I was refereed to the Android-Building group. Any help would be appreciated. The original install procedure is missing loads of other android libraries that need to be extracted away from Fluoride, and even after that is done, there is the compilation issue with GCC/G++/CLANG.

Following the instructions on the the following site (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/bt/), to install Fluoride on Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't work. I see that the install instructions were completed on Ubuntu 15.04 but all compiler dependencies are the same. The initial fail happens because of undefined functions resulting from a commented out .cc file in the BTIF/BUILD.gn file. Once this file is uncommented, there are several missing files from other android packages that must be pulled into the build that are not specified (av, native, media). After these repos are pulled down and proper paths are included in the .gn files, the problems are all compilation related, i.e. the compiler cannot find c++11 libraries for shared_ptr, unique_ptr, or the __C11_atomic.

I think the original file that was commented out was because they realized there were to many dependencies on other Android libraries. Hopefully that can be fully removed to lighten up the BT Fluoride stack. I was using Clang-3.8 and GCC-5.4

If someone could pull down the latest build on a native Ubuntu 16.04 build and run through it that would be great. I would really like to get back to development using googles in BT stack. Thanks for your time.

minjun

Mar 25, 2017, 2:23:40 PM3/25/17
to Android Building
I have met the fatal errors when running "gn gen out/Default", the error says "cannot allocate enough memory". Have you met this issue when building the fluoride stack? Thank you!

pavan h.r

Jan 23, 2019, 9:14:54 PM1/23/19
to Android Building

 Hi,
I would like to know where I can get documents on Floride Bluetooth Stack. and can it be implemented completely on user-space?
Thanks in advance