ERROR: --- target build has specified no recovery ---

Binit kumar

Sep 13, 2017, 10:41:05 AM9/13/17
to Android Building

 Intent: To test OTA package in Emulator

 Steps:-

 source ./build/envsetup.sh
 lunch aosp_arm-eng
 make -j24
 make target-files-package

 ./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files out/target/product/generic/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/aosp_arm-target_files-eng.root.zip ota_update_generic.zip
unzipping target target-files...

   ERROR: --- target build has specified no recovery ---

  I have noticed that recovery.img file is not getting created for target "aosp_arm-eng". Why? It is throwing error while creating OTA package.

For other target like "bullhead_arm-userdebug", I have noticed that recovery.img is getting created and I am able to create ota packages using ota_from_target_files releasetools. But I am unable to run Emulator with blank screen. Why ?

James Muir

Sep 25, 2017, 11:39:52 AM9/25/17
to Android Building
If you just want an ota package, then you can use "make -jN otapackage".

If you want to resign the ota package, then try calling "make -jN dist" before using the release-tools scripts.

-James M