Android open source vbox target BROKEN ?

Alexey Vesnin

Feb 24, 2014, 6:18:46 PM2/24/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi and good daytime! It's a weird and maybe stupid question, but you can reproduce the issue yourself:

getting Android open source - as described in http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html - works flawlessly, no problems
making target vbox_x86, x86.... no errors

Weird thing number one : x86_64 target refuses to build due to lack of the make rule
Weird thing number two : x86 target does not have android_disk_vdi target, but it's no problem - use VBoxManage convertfromraw and you're OK. Builds also OK without a problem
Weird thing number three : android_disk_vdi sets an uuid's aaa and bbb - so if there's a multiple variants of the build - you won't be able to plug a VDI image, but it's also fixable by removing them from makefile or by converting files by hand

Award-winning weird thing : NONE of the targets actually boots! I tried both Intel and AMD hosts, tried IDE,SATA and all the rest controllers for VM, the VirtualBox packaged and Open-Source edition, Host Ubuntu Linux x64 and Windows 7 64 bit. It just does not boot! A word "GRUB" - and a black screen. Dalvik vm cache has been risen to 64 megabytes - no responce. Has anyone actually booted an images it produces? If so, can you please provide a step-by-step instruction how to do so? Or just point me to my error.

P.S. The reason I'm posting this question is that all the docs are saying that it must be OK, even more - all the pathways are OK to perform and completing without an error. But the result is unusable.