Cannot set module stem for a library. Stop.

Sandeep Dhandhi

Oct 3, 2013, 6:54:01 AM10/3/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am building third party library for Android 4.2. I am getting an error saying

build/core/shared_library.mk:20: *** : Cannot set module stem for a library.  Stop.

What can be possible reason for this error. How I can avoid/solve this.

thanks in advance

Sandeep

Magnus Bäck

Oct 7, 2013, 1:06:11 PM10/7/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 03, 2013 at 06:54 EDT,
Sandeep Dhandhi <sandee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am building third party library for Android 4.2. I am getting an
> error saying
>
> *build/core/shared_library.mk:20: *** : Cannot set module stem for a
> library. Stop.*
>
> What can be possible reason for this error. How I can avoid/solve
> this.

You have an Android.mk file that sets LOCAL_MODULE_STEM for a shared
library. Additionally, it appears LOCAL_PATH isn't set which makes it
harder to identify which file contains this problem (plus, an unset
LOCAL_PATH is a problem in itself), but grepping the third party code
for LOCAL_MODULE_STEM should be an easy way to find the culprit. This
check was introduced in Android 4.1. Is the third party library you're
trying to include older than that?

--
Magnus Bäck
ba...@google.com

Sandeep Dhandhi

Oct 9, 2013, 5:40:11 AM10/9/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Magnus,

Thanks a lot. From your suggestion I am able to find the issue.
I am using include $(CLEAR_VARS) after the setting of LOCAL_PATH. Because of that LOCAL_PATH is not set.

again thanks,