Emulator Out of Date and x86 based android virtual device error on AOSP.

Imran Khushwaqt

Apr 25, 2017, 11:15:03 PM4/25/17
to Android Building
HI,
I have synced AOSP master and build successfully. Using these commands.
Make clobber
lunch aosp_arm-eng
emulator.

Emulator starts up with message "Running an x86 based android virtual device (AVD) is 10x Faseter. We strongly recommend creating a new AVD".
and On console it says AVD is out dated. Please update using android studio. An other message with emulator commands pops up is "Could not detect
an ADB binary. Some emulator functionality will not work until a custom path to ADB is added in the extended settings page."

My Question is how can I create new AVD and add it to build path during lunch or make command or add custom path in extended settings
page to avoid these error and make AVD faster.

What I have tried is
Open android studio and updated all AVD in android studio sdk directory. This doesn`t worked and then I changed sdk path in android studio
to AOSP WORKING_DIRECTORY/sdk and updated the installed packages. But still its not working and emulator takes around one and half hour
or two to start.
What can I do to make it fast. I am using Mac OS 10.12 with 1.5 GHZ core i5 with 8 GB of RAM.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 29, 2017, 12:28:10 PM4/29/17
to Android Building

Imran Khushwaqt於 2017年4月26日星期三 UTC+8上午11時15分03秒寫道:
HI,
I have synced AOSP master and build successfully. Using these commands.
Make clobber
lunch aosp_arm-eng
emulator.

Emulator starts up with message "Running an x86 based android virtual device (AVD) is 10x Faseter. We strongly recommend creating a new AVD".
and On console it says AVD is out dated. Please update using android studio. An other message with emulator commands pops up is "Could not detect
an ADB binary. Some emulator functionality will not work until a custom path to ADB is added in the extended settings page."

As it said, use the x86 emulator instead of arm.

lunch aosp_x86-eng

or if you prefer the 64-bit OS:

lunch aosp_x86_64-eng

jianyu shao

Dec 21, 2018, 10:59:07 AM12/21/18
to Android Building
Using aosp_x86_64-eng, still not work.

在 2017年4月30日星期日 UTC+8上午12:28:10,Chih-Wei Huang写道: