System files missing from out/target/product/<product> folder after build

John Howard

Apr 23, 2015, 2:50:34 PM4/23/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've been building Android for a custom device using Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and as I redo the build over and over, several files fail to make it into the out/target/product/<product>/ folder. For instance, the entire system/frameworks directory no longer shows up in the output folder, even after a clean make. Many of the files in system/lib/ aren't installed either, most notably libsurfaceflinger.so. Thus far I've managed to get my port by simply stealing the files from previous builds that did manage to have them, but now I'm trying to build for a different architecture so I can't do that anymore.

Is there a specific file somewhere in the build directory that informs the make process not to install these files into the proper output directories? I would like to be able to run make clean && make -j8 on my device and get an output that will run with minimal follow-up work.

Thanks,
John