Where is the source code for the SDK "monitor"

Patrick Turley

Aug 18, 2015, 11:04:52 AM8/18/15
to Android Building
In the tools directory of a recent SDK installation, you'll find a number of executables -- among them:

  • ddms
  • hierarchyviewer
  • monitor
  • traceview

All of these except monitor will tell you that they're deprecated, and that you should be using monitor instead.  That's fine by me -- monitor looks great.

My problem is that I can't find the source code for monitor.

In the platform/tools/swt repository, I've easily found the ddms, hierarchyviewer2 and traceview directories.

I haven't found anything that looks like the source for monitor in any platform/tools/* repository.

If you know where I can find the monitor source code, please reply.