Error when building marlin Oreo kernel Image.gz-dtb not found

Will Fairclough

Nov 1, 2017, 10:39:52 PM11/1/17
to Android Building
Hi,

I am having an issue compiling the Android Oreo 8.0.0 kernel sources for marlin in my AOSP tree.

cp: cannot stat 'out/target/product/sailfish/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/arch/arm64/boot/Image.gz-dtb': No such file or directory

I cannot figure out why the build is trying to look for Image.gz-dtb when it looks like the kernel is compressed with lz4.

will@localhost oreo$ ls out/target/product/sailfish/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/arch/arm64/boot
dts  Image  Image.lz4  Image.lz4-dtb

I have remove the make variables that set the TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL as well as added the following to my BoardConfig.mk in device/google/marlin:

# Inline kernel
BOARD_KERNEL_IMAGE_NAME := Image.lz4-dtb
TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE := kernel/google/marlin
KERNEL_DEFCONFIG := marlin_defconfig

TARGET_KERNEL_ARCH := arm64
TARGET_KERNEL_HEADER_ARCH := arm64

Is there anything obvious that I am missing?

Will

Will Fairclough

Nov 7, 2017, 10:57:48 AM11/7/17
to Android Building
Has anyone had any luck compiling the marlin kernel (android-8.0.0_r0.12) in the android-8.0.0_r15 tag?