Google N, Jack 1.3 compiler no error log at source code error.

wa1...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2016, 3:48:13 PM12/26/16
to Android Building
Hello,

previous we meet some Jack crash issue, then upgrade the jack server to 1.3 version per jack team's suggestion. it fix the the jack crash issue.
 ( Jack 1.3-b2 'Douarn' (320400 bfc75939a2e32be4feddc59d656afb274397ed65 by android-...@google.com) (4.7))

But now, we get the new issue:  "1.3-b2 Jack compiler not report any java source error in log when the source code have error ", so developer is hardly to get useful information from build log.

after we rollback to 1.2, the error log is correct.

how to reproduce the issue:
  1. update the jack by using below changes,
  2. change any APP java code to made it have error.
  3. mm  build the app, the build failed, no error report.

here is the changes at Google N code to using Jack 1.3.

## cat prebuilts/sdk/tools/jack_versions.mk
JACK_STABLE_VERSION := 4.7.BETA
JACK_DOGFOOD_VERSION := 4.7.BETA
JACK_SDKTOOL_VERSION := 4.7.BETA
JACK_LANG_DEV_VERSION := 4.7.BETA

## cat prebuilts/sdk/tools$ cat jack
#
# Settings
#
JACK_VERSION=${JACK_VERSION:=4.7.BETA}

if anyone can provide some suggestion, it will be most appreciated ?

Best Regards,
David