2.2.3 is available in AOSP

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 21, 2011, 4:37:23 PM11/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've just pushed android 2.2.3 into AOSP. That's the most recent
release of froyo. It contains some important fixes.

In detail, android-2.2.3_r1 is build FRK76, and android-2.2.3_r2 is
build FRK76C.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Max Ulloa

Dec 7, 2011, 11:48:12 PM12/7/11
to Android Building

Sorry to bother, but could you briefly explain which important fixes
are in 2.2.3?
On Nov 21, 1:37 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I've just pushed android2.2.3intoAOSP. That's the most recent

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 8, 2011, 11:20:31 AM12/8/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't author any of those fixes myself, so I won't be able to
explain them beyond reading the changelog.

Here's the short summary, slightly edited for clarity:

$ repo forall -pcv git log --oneline android-2.2.2_r1..android-2.2.3_r2

project dalvik/
7422300 DO NOT MERGE. Blacklist diginotar root and cross-signed certs.

project external/libpng/
668ba54 Upgrading libpng to 1.2.46 to fix a few vulnerabilities. DO NOT MERGE

project external/tremolo/
9c9c280 Make sure this assembly fragment properly supports ARM/THUMB
transitions by using the BX, LR instruction instead of antiquated MOV
PC, LR.

project packages/apps/Browser/
c6d4ae7 DO NOT MERGE Prevent webview reuse
3624c4a DO NOT MERGE Prevent loading javascript: uris in existing tabs

project system/core/
3103c2f do not merge: Validate sender credentials on netlink msg receive

project system/netd/
327a9a0 do not merge: netd: Enable the SO_PASSCRED socket option

project system/vold/
96a1d6e do not merge: vold: Enable the SO_PASSCRED socket option

project system/wlan/ti/
ec456d8 driver_ti: bind to loopback interface only.

JBQ

Max Ulloa

Dec 8, 2011, 3:59:56 PM12/8/11
to Android Building
Thank you very much for taking the time to clarify the changes, it is
much appreciated.
Also, is there anyway to see the changelog myself? For example, a link
to it?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 9, 2011, 9:30:33 AM12/9/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That's not available on the web, but if you have a client synced to
2.2.3 the command I showed right before the log should show you
essentially the same results (plus a few changes that weren't relevant
to your question).

JBQ