First time building,need some help with build errors

Josip Kelečić

Aug 31, 2016, 3:12:44 PM8/31/16
to Android Building
Hello, i'm trying to build android N for my Nexus 5x, on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I've synced the source (for three days) and now i'm getting errors with .ninja files. Here's the log:

dehumanized@dehumanized-MS-7996:~/aosp$ make j4
build/core/product_config.mk:239: vendor/lge/bullhead/device-vendor.mk: Permission denied
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=7.0
TARGET_PRODUCT=aosp_bullhead
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a53
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a53.a57
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.4.0-36-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=NRD90M
OUT_DIR=out
Running kati to generate build-aosp_bullhead.ninja...
out/build-aosp_bullhead.ninja is missing, regenerating...
build/kati/eval.cc:225: mk->Exists()
build/core/ninja.mk:163: recipe for target 'out/build-aosp_bullhead.ninja' failed
make: *** [out/build-aosp_bullhead.ninja] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets (1 seconds) ####

if anyone could help a noob out, i'd be grateful. thanks :)

Colin Cross

Aug 31, 2016, 4:12:34 PM8/31/16
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You've got a permissions issue that is preventing reading some files:
build/core/product_config.mk:239:
vendor/lge/bullhead/device-vendor.mk: Permission denied

Did you mix running as root and as the dehumanized users when syncing?
If so, you will need to chown everything back to your user, something
like:
sudo chown -R dehumanized ~dehumanized/aosp