FAILED: out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-android/test/test.passed

aadi

Sep 5, 2017, 11:41:02 AM9/5/17
to Android Building

ninja: no work to do.

[1/9] test android/soong/android

FAILED: out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-android/test/test.passed

out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/gotestrunner -p ./build/soong/android -f out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-android/test/test.passed -- out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-android/test/test -test.short

--- FAIL: TestPrebuilts (0.00s)

prebuilt_test.go:117: stat /tmp: no such file or directory

FAIL

[2/9] link out/soong/.bootstrap/soong_build/obj/a.out

13:27:31 soong bootstrap failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (1 seconds) ####

Colin Cross

Sep 5, 2017, 1:27:02 PM9/5/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The test called go's iotuil.TempDir to get a temporary directory,
which failed. Is your system missing /tmp?
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "Android Building" group.
> email to android-buildi...@googlegroups.com.

jk.m...@ignitarium.com

Nov 13, 2017, 11:07:14 AM11/13/17
to Android Building

Hi ,

i am facing  trouble in  building android 8.0 to msm8996 chip

here's my log

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=8.0.0
TARGET_PRODUCT=msm8996
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=kryo
TARGET_2ND_ARCH=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a9
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.10.0-37-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=OPR1.170623.026
OUT_DIR=out
ninja: no work to do.
[1/5] test android/soong/cc/config
FAILED: out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-cc-config/test/test.passed
out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/gotestrunner -p ./build/soong/cc/config -f out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-cc-config/test/test.passed -- out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-cc-config/test/test -test.short
panic: read /home/dolby/JK/android8msm: is a directory

goroutine 1 [running]:
android/soong/cc/config.setSdclangVars()
/home/dolby/JK/android8msm/build/soong/cc/config/global.go:197 +0x20d4
android/soong/cc/config.init.2()
/home/dolby/JK/android8msm/build/soong/cc/config/global.go:169 +0xcc9
android/soong/cc/config.init()
/home/dolby/JK/android8msm/build/soong/cc/config/tidy_test.go:42 +0x3969
main.init()
/home/dolby/JK/android8msm/out/soong/.bootstrap/soong-cc-config/test/test.go:34 +0x4e
14:13:37 soong bootstrap failed with: exit status 1
build/core/main.mk:21: recipe for target 'run_soong_ui' failed
make: *** [run_soong_ui] Error 1

#### make failed to build some targets  ####

Please share if there is any solutions to  this ?

regards,
jayakrishnan

Colin Cross

Nov 13, 2017, 1:03:10 PM11/13/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-building/AgSUZB6dnVY was the same question.  config.setSdclangVars() doesn't exist in AOSP, so there's not much we can do to help.  It appears to be something related to configuring the path to SnapDragon clang, so likely some sort of environment variable that Qualcomm's BSP is expecting you to set.

---

jk.m...@ignitarium.com

Nov 15, 2017, 3:31:32 AM11/15/17
to Android Building
Hi,

I have tried to set the sdclang configurations in the Boardconfig.mk but still issue remains if there is anyother options that i must do  regarding the build environment , i was able to build the 7.1 for the same chip .

If anyone had configured please post what all  files are modified.

regards,
Jayakrishnan

For more options, visit this group at

---

philli...@spectralink.com

Nov 15, 2017, 8:46:50 PM11/15/17
to Android Building
check your vendor/qcom/proprietary folder to make sure it has all the files included in the chipcode.zip file...our latest update, somehow in the process, all the proprietary files got deleted...putting them back we were able to get past this error

Jayakrishnan Menon

Nov 17, 2017, 8:28:45 AM11/17/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

where shall i get this latest update of proprietary chipcode.zip file .

For more options, visit this group at

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

ashok reddy reddy

Sep 20, 2018, 10:07:11 AM9/20/18
to Android Building
Is this solved?.. I am also getting this error when i am building for 8953_64 8.1.0 code.

Bhavdip Bhalodia

Sep 21, 2018, 11:36:32 AM9/21/18
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am getting this error

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=8.0.0
TARGET_PRODUCT=aosp_arm
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=generic
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.15.0-34-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-18.04-bionic
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=OPD1.170816.025
OUT_DIR=out
[2/2] bootstrap out/soong/.minibootstrap/build.ninja.in
[2/2] bootstrap out/soong/.minibootstrap/build.ninja.in
ninja: no work to do.
ninja: no work to do.
10:45:54 *******************************************************
10:45:54 You are attempting to build with an unsupported JDK.
10:45:54
10:45:54 Only an OpenJDK based JDK is supported.
10:45:54
10:45:54 Please follow the machine setup instructions at:
10:45:54 *******************************************************
10:45:54 stop
build/core/main.mk:21: recipe for target 'run_soong_ui' failed
make: *** [run_soong_ui] Error 1

---

Regards,
Bhavdip Bhalodia

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.

--naa tvaya vina--

Himanshu Singhal

Sep 21, 2018, 12:45:37 PM9/21/18
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Download and install openjdk 8
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

juju

Dec 26, 2018, 6:40:12 PM12/26/18
to Android Building
I face this problem too, anyone else could help?