emulator: ERROR: Missing initial data partition file: (null)

Pierce Wilson

Mar 28, 2018, 6:34:08 PM3/28/18
to Android Building
I just finished building AOSP 7.1.1 (N9F27M) for the Nexus 9. I know it is an "older" OS but I wanted to make sure my build environment worked and to get some experience before I started to attempt to build 8.1 and 7.1.1 is the most recent build for the Nexus 9.

Anyway - build finished no fatal errors, so I want to start the emulator to ensure it will boot before flashing it to my device. I start the emulator and get this error.
$ emulator
emulator
: WARNING: system partition size adjusted to match image file (765 MB > 200 MB)

emulator
: WARNING: data partition size adjusted to match image file (765 MB > 200 MB)

emulator
: WARNING: Increasing RAM size to 1GB
emulator
: ERROR: Missing initial data partition file: (null)

Any ideas?

Mehran Zamani

Apr 26, 2018, 11:28:44 AM4/26/18
to Android Building
Same Issue here, tried uninstall and install android studio, avd, delete and download sdk again! nothing works.