AOSP source code back online

Dan Morrill

Oct 19, 2011, 4:29:47 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

As you know, like many other projects the Android Open-Source Project was affected by the recent kernel.org downtime. So, we’re pleased to let you know that the Gingerbread source code is now available again, and AOSP git servers are back online.

Even before the kernel.org downtime, it was clear that AOSP was sometimes taxing kernel.org’s git infrastructure. When we did the Gingerbread source release, for example, load due to AOSP made part of kernel.org unusable for several days. This isn’t fair to kernel.org’s staff or the community, so for some time we’ve been preparing our own git hosting on Google servers.

We were finishing up just as kernel.org experienced their downtime, so the Gingerbread source is now available on Google’s servers. Accordingly, the git URLs have changed.

Here are the instructions to access the new git servers:

There are a few limitations to be aware of:
  • Our priority has been getting the main source code mirrors back online, so for the moment gitweb source browsing and Gerrit Code Review are still unavailable.
  • We are now working on bringing AOSP’s Gerrit Code Review site back up, and hope to be able to say something here soon.
  • It might be a little while longer before gitweb comes back, unfortunately, since Gerrit Code Review is the next priority.
  • To reiterate, these servers contain only the ‘gingerbread’ and ‘master’ branches from the old AOSP servers. We plan to release the source for the recently-announced Ice Cream Sandwich soon, once it’s available on devices.
  • As these new servers are, well, new, there may be hiccups if we encounter unexpected issues. However we’re keeping a close eye on them and will respond to any issues as quickly as possible.

Finally, we’d like to send a huge “thank-you” to the kernel.org community and Oregon State University Open-Source Lab staff. They’ve done an incredible job hosting the AOSP source code mirror and Gerrit Code Review for nearly 3 years. Without them, it’s safe to say that AOSP would not be where we are today.

Thanks, and happy coding!

- Dan

Carlos Silva

Oct 19, 2011, 5:23:08 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hurray for that! :)

See as it doesn't hurt to speek to us? (Devs)

Now off to host a mirror... just in case :P

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 19, 2011, 5:31:00 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You will not that the manifests now use relative URLs to find the
projects, so that you can mirror all the projects unmodified
(including the manifests) and not have to worry about url.insteadOf
git configs or other such tricks. That should make it much easier for
anyone to host straight clean mirrors.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Carlos Silva

Oct 19, 2011, 5:32:58 PM10/19/11
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 21:31, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
You will not that the manifests now use relative URLs to find the
projects, so that you can mirror all the projects unmodified
(including the manifests) and not have to worry about url.insteadOf
git configs or other such tricks. That should make it much easier for
anyone to host straight clean mirrors.

JBQ

2 #win's in 2 posts :)
Congrats to everyone @ Google and Android team

Matt Oakes

Oct 19, 2011, 5:36:19 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and again, thank you!

jason

Oct 19, 2011, 5:43:46 PM10/19/11
to Android Building
Gingerbread only or is froyo up as well?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 19, 2011, 5:51:08 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
All the tagged branches mentioned on
http://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
itself.

JBQ

jason

Oct 19, 2011, 5:54:35 PM10/19/11
to Android Building

Cool thank you for the hard work

On Oct 19, 5:51 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> All the tagged branches mentioned onhttp://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
> development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
> itself.
>
> JBQ

Ilan Caspi

Oct 19, 2011, 7:16:26 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for all the hard work

Kaspter Ju

Oct 19, 2011, 10:20:13 PM10/19/11
On 10/20/2011 05:51 AM, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
> All the tagged branches mentioned on
> http://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
> development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
> itself.

Haha..What a wonderfull day today.
thanks for all your hard work.

--
Kaspter Ju

bluestar8783

Oct 19, 2011, 10:25:28 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

        I tried to follow above steps to git source code and can't download

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
You need to get the latest version of the repo tool:
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
You need to initialize a new repository:
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-2.3.7_r1
The full instructions are at http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

        Two steps:"curl" and "repo init" don't work and halt
        Do you tell what I miss?

        Thank you!
BR,
Alan

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 19, 2011, 10:42:37 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, we should have mentioned that the instructions in the
original message above assumed that you already have a machine set up
for Android.

The full instructions to start from scratch are here:
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

JBQ

Tero Saarni

Oct 19, 2011, 11:26:01 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Besides installing gitweb could you also consider maintaining search functionality in some form for the AOSP now that code search site will be closed [1] (which is very unfortunate!)

--
Tero

Hannah Fontana

Oct 20, 2011, 2:13:16 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
What about Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich?

Chislon Chow

Oct 20, 2011, 6:56:00 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting the code back up. Does someone have a link to a web GUI for viewing the source similar to how kernel.org works using gitweb?

CodeMonkey

Oct 20, 2011, 8:38:19 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Get https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo

fatal: branch 'stable' has not been signed

What am I doing wrong?

SangHee

Oct 20, 2011, 10:01:02 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. 감사합니다.

bluestar8783

Oct 19, 2011, 11:18:43 PM10/19/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir:

        I think my server is ok, because I use this server to download all android
        source code(1.5/1.6/2.3/2.3.4) successfully. So I think the initializing for
        my server is ok.

        But in this morning I halt to git source code from new URL
        Below is my message when git repo file

root@my_server:~/bin# curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
       0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0       --:--:--  0:00:11 --:--:--

        Thank you!

Nathaniel Husted

Oct 20, 2011, 12:09:56 AM10/20/11
to Android Building
Are the repositories for the goldfish and other kernels also back up
or is it easier to build emulator kernels from the released SDK code?
I was somewhat reliant upon the publicly available directory structure
to download the kernels on android.git.kernel.org and those structures
are no longer available on the new repository (for now). Thanks for
any information.

Cheers,
Nathaniel

On Oct 19, 9:42 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> My apologies, we should have mentioned that the instructions in the
> original message above assumed that you already have a machine set up
> for Android.
>
> The full instructions to start from scratch are here:http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html
>
> JBQ
>

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM, bluestar8783 <bluestar8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Sir:
>
> >         I tried to follow above steps to git source code and can't download
>
> > //------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------//
> > You need to get the latest version of the repo tool:
> > curlhttps://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo> ~/bin/repo
> > You need to initialize a new repository:
> > repo init -uhttps://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest-b
> > android-2.3.7_r1
> > The full instructions are at
> >http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html
> > //------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------//
>
> >         Two steps:"curl" and "repo init" don't work and halt
> >         Do you tell what I miss?
>
> >         Thank you!
> > BR,
> > Alan
> > 2011/10/20 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
>
> >> All the tagged branches mentioned on
> >>http://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
> >> development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
> >> itself.
>
> >> JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 10:42:37 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That's odd, I'm not seeing any issue on my side, it's working for me
and none of the dashboards I can think of seem to indicate any issue.

I'm thinking that there might be a firewall in your way.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 10:43:34 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The kernel source trees aren't available at the moment. Getting them
back is definitely on the to-do list.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 10:49:15 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Ice Cream Sandwich was mentioned in the original post on this thread,
and a few more times in the thread. It hasn't shipped yet, so it's not
available in AOSP either. It'll be released in AOSP a little bit after
it gets in the hands of consumers.

Since Ice Cream Sandwich does everything that Honeycomb does (and much
more), there's no plan to release Honeycomb in AOSP.

JBQ

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Hannah Fontana
<hannahf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich?

Weston Weems

Oct 20, 2011, 4:15:42 AM10/20/11
to Android Building
I tried to take the necessary "search before you ask" precautions
before sending this question in... having a problem building android
source on osx.

I followed initializing repo and preparing system, and likewise just
grabbed latest gb source from newly restored repo. Having a problem
building sdl related functionality (in the make -j4 step)

Install: out/host/darwin-x86/bin/sig-create
Install: out/host/darwin-x86/bin/traceview
host Executable: triangleCM (out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/
triangleCM_intermediates/triangleCM)
libpng warning: Ignoring attempt to set cHRM RGB triangle with zero
area
Undefined symbols:
"__dyld_func_lookup", referenced from:
_promoteLocalToGlobal in libSDL.a(SDL_dlcompat.o)
_dlcompat_init_func in libSDL.a(SDL_dlcompat.o)
_dlcompat_init_func in libSDL.a(SDL_dlcompat.o)
_dlcompat_init_func in libSDL.a(SDL_dlcompat.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/host/darwin-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/
triangleCM_intermediates/triangleCM] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
libpng warning: Ignoring attempt to set cHRM RGB triangle with zero
area
wweemss-macbook-pro:WORKING_DIRECTORY wweems$

Is there an obvious cause for this or solution? Played with different
options but seems like consistently breaks here.

Weston

On Oct 19, 7:42 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> My apologies, we should have mentioned that the instructions in the
> original message above assumed that you already have a machine set up
> for Android.
>
> The full instructions to start from scratch are here:http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html
>
> JBQ
>

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM, bluestar8783 <bluestar8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Sir:
>
> >         I tried to follow above steps to git source code and can't download
>
> > //------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------//
> > You need to get the latest version of the repo tool:
> > curlhttps://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo> ~/bin/repo
> > You need to initialize a new repository:
> > repo init -uhttps://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest-b
> > android-2.3.7_r1
> > The full instructions are at
> >http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html
> > //------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------//
>
> >         Two steps:"curl" and "repo init" don't work and halt
> >         Do you tell what I miss?
>
> >         Thank you!
> > BR,
> > Alan
> > 2011/10/20 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
>
> >> All the tagged branches mentioned on
> >>http://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
> >> development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
> >> itself.
>
> >> JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 10:52:43 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Most Android platform development is done with XCode 3.x on MacOS
10.6. Newer versions are believed to have incompatibilities with
Android.

JBQ

Federico Mancini

Oct 20, 2011, 4:30:47 AM10/20/11
to Android Building
Also the kernels source code?

On Oct 19, 11:51 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> All the tagged branches mentioned onhttp://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
> development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
> itself.
>
> JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 10:54:22 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
No kernels sources at the moment. That's on the list of items to take care of.

JBQ

Srinidhi K V

Oct 20, 2011, 5:12:06 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
What is the path to download kernel/common.git previously
git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/common.git

Thanks,
Srinidhi KV

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 10:55:27 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The kernels aren't available yet. Once they are, I'll let people know.

JBQ

Name Less, the Jedi

Oct 20, 2011, 5:18:36 AM10/20/11
2011/10/19 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>

All the tagged branches mentioned on
http://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
itself.

First of all great, big, huge thanks for you and all others involved in bringing AOSP online back again.

Is it intentional that repo init ... -b froyo gives exactly the same manifest.xml as repo init ... -b master ?

I'd think that master should be much closer to Gingerbread ;o)
Anyway could you please update build-numbers.html with information how to access dev branch for froyo?

Best regards,

 Robert

--
NameLess, the Jedi           NameLessFroyo
Just a friendly Jedi Knight

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 10:58:56 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, that's odd, i'm not seeing any such issue here.

From .repo/manifest, I do get the diff I expect when I run the
following command:

git diff origin/froyo origin/master default.xml

JBQ

roberj13

Oct 20, 2011, 10:45:45 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Are all the repositories not online yet. Syncing 2.3.7 gives an error on e2fsprogs and grub that they are not git repositories or don't exist.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:03:16 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Lemme check that.

Is anyone seeing issues?

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:05:28 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We don't have such a web service at the moment on our servers, it's in
our plans but not the the immediate future. It should be possible to
mirror AOSP and run gitweb on a mirror.

JBQ

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:56 AM, Chislon Chow <chi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for putting the code back up. Does someone have a link to a web GUI
> for viewing the source similar to how kernel.org works using gitweb?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:09:51 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
This is the repo launcher (i.e. ~/bin/repo) failing to download the
rest of the repo code (i.e.
https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo) because it doesn't
recognize it.

You might be using a customized version of the repo launcher that
doesn't recognize the official signature for the repo code... or
something else is wrong.

You should have the following checksum for your repo launcher:

$ sha1sum ~/bin/repo
e1fd3bef059d152edf4d0522590725d317bc637f

If you don't, download the latest version with curl
https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:14:05 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
This is odd, I've had no problem downloading 2.3.7 from scratch.

I used:

"repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b
android-2.3.7_r1"

Can you try to repo init a new client and sync just those two projects?
repo sync external/e2fsprogs external/grub

Thanks,
JBQ

Rodrigo

Oct 20, 2011, 8:42:56 AM10/20/11
to Android Building
I got the following error when running "repo sync":
fatal: '../platform/bionic.git' does not appear to be a git repository

So I had to manually fix the ".repo/manifest.xml" to make it work...
It was:
<remote name="aosp"
fetch=".." />
(don't ask me how it got fetch="..")
Changed it to:
<remote name="aosp"
fetch="https://android.googlesource.com/" />

Working fine now :)

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:15:32 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you're using an old version of repo that's doesn't
support the features necessary to properly access the new servers.
Please use a new version.

JBQ

Stephen Smalley

Oct 20, 2011, 9:24:21 AM10/20/11
On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 14:31 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
> You will not that the manifests now use relative URLs to find the
> projects, so that you can mirror all the projects unmodified
> (including the manifests) and not have to worry about url.insteadOf
> git configs or other such tricks. That should make it much easier for
> anyone to host straight clean mirrors.

Is repo --mirror still the recommended way to mirror all of the
projects? For some reason when I just did that, I ended up with
manifest.git at top-level rather than under platform in the mirror,
which then breaks attempts to repo init/sync from the mirror. Moving it
manually back under platform seems to have "fixed" the problem, but
obviously isn't clean. repo --mirror used to work from the a.g.k.o
site, so I'm not sure why it isn't now.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:17:54 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, that's a use case I hadn't tested, and I can imagine how the
support for relative URIs might have broken something here. I'll let
the experts know :)

JBQ

Robert Ramiega

Oct 20, 2011, 11:17:48 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
2011/10/20 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>

Hmmm, that's odd, i'm not seeing any such issue here.

From .repo/manifest, I do get the diff I expect when I run the
following command:

git diff origin/froyo origin/master default.xml

For me diff is null =o(
I've just verified in my bash history that I issued

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b froyo (to get froyo)
and
repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b master (to get master)

I just noticed that master has one commit more:

commit 1e41b439288f9814810f2008739a28203d0b4d7c
Author: The Android Open Source Project <initial-co...@android.com>
Date:   Thu Oct 6 10:47:09 2011 -0700

    Bases on top of which the GPL components of 3.0 and 3.1 can be built

other than that git log is identical

(I'm using latest repo taken from a.g.c/tools/repo)

--
Name Less, the Jedi          NameLessFroyo (multi)
Just a friendly Jedi Knight   NameLessFroyo (pl, en)

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:27:40 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, that's odd, even with that version of repo (which isn't the one
that we typically use for AOSP but should also have all the necessary
features), I still don't have any issues with froyo.

These are the commits that I have in the manifest project:
$ git rev-parse origin/froyo origin/master
71480329b4ff4ee7f07d756d139425676b09b7c9
1e41b439288f9814810f2008739a28203d0b4d7c

Can you try a plain git clone of the manifest project, and let me know
if you're still getting the wrong froyo manifest?

git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest

Also, do you have the manifest for android-2.2.2_r1?
$ git rev-parse origin/android-2.2.2_r1
320229cd98b6f101488b9f20872db99f135da901

JBQ

roberj13

Oct 20, 2011, 11:23:26 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Weird, yes that works to just sync those by themselves. I'll will try a full sync again. Thanks

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:34:29 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
If you have a client where only those two projects cause issues, you
can clean them up and re-sync them without deleting the rest of the
data:

rm -rf external/e2fsprogs/ external/grub/
.repo/projects/external/e2fsprogs.git/
.repo/projects/external/grub.git/

JBQ

Chislon Chow

Oct 20, 2011, 11:37:16 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. That's rather unfortunate. I thought that It was really helpful to see diffs on the web interface. Will have to spend some time looking into running a local instance if time allows.

Leif Andersen

Oct 20, 2011, 11:28:23 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Any instructions how to mirror AOSP?

From what I understand, the --mirror flag in repo init doesn't actually mirror all of AOSP.

Thank you.

~Leif Andersen

Carlos Silva

Oct 20, 2011, 11:35:11 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Had exactly the same problem. Fixed with a symlink (more of a hack :-/ )

I had setup a master mirror on android.git.r3pek.org (it has gitweb for anyone who wants to try) and it's syncable (master at least, which is the only one I tried)

Carlos Silva

Oct 20, 2011, 11:42:07 AM10/20/11
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 15:28, Leif Andersen <le...@leifandersen.net> wrote:
Any instructions how to mirror AOSP?

From what I understand, the --mirror flag in repo init doesn't actually mirror all of AOSP.

Thank you.

I did it with the --mirror

Brilliant Tiger

Oct 20, 2011, 11:52:47 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Can I build gingerbread with XCode 3.x  [3.2.2]  on MacOS 10.7 (LION) ?

Thanks,
BrilliantTiger

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 11:56:35 AM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I believe that you really need MacOS 10.6. I'm not really a Mac expert
though, so it might actually work, but I'd like to hear people's
experiences.

JBQ

JBQ

Oct 20, 2011, 12:04:00 PM10/20/11
to Android Building
Indeed, --mirror only mirrors the projects mentioned in a manifest.

Right now there's no easy way to get the list of all projects.
However, with a bit of creativity, it's possible to get a list of all
projects in all platform manifests, which could be a starting point:

(beware, ugly hack non-portable script hack ahead)

git branch -a |
grep remotes/origin |
while read B
do
git checkout -q $B
ls -1 |
xargs grep \<project |
tr \ \\n |
grep ^name=\" |
cut -d \" -f 2
done |
sort -u
git checkout -q default

I'm thinking that I should be able to create a manifest that contains
all known projects (not just platform, really everything). Running
repo init --mirror on that should do the trick. Would that help?

JBQ

On Oct 20, 8:28 am, Leif Andersen <l...@leifandersen.net> wrote:
> Any instructions how to mirror AOSP?
>
> From what I understand, the --mirror flag in repo init doesn't actually
> mirror all of AOSP.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ~Leif Andersen
>

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 09:05, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> > We don't have such a web service at the moment on our servers, it's in
> > our plans but not the the immediate future. It should be possible to
> > mirror AOSP and run gitweb on a mirror.
>
> > JBQ

Carlos Silva

Oct 20, 2011, 12:11:10 PM10/20/11
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 16:04, JBQ <j...@android.com> wrote:
[...]

Run that after the git init --mirror ? I can try in an hour or so.
But a manifest with all projects would be easier ;-)

BTW, is there any way to sync the description of each git repo? Or I don't have them on my mirror 'caus ethey don't exist on the source?

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 20, 2011, 12:29:25 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Will the projects not default listed in the manifest.xml
be restored? I mean
hardware/alsa_sound, external/alsa-lib, external/alsa-utils, ...

JBQ於 2011年10月20日星期四UTC+8下午10時54分22秒寫道:
No kernels sources at the moment. That's on the list of items to take care of.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 12:31:32 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
With this bit of script, you'd need a fair amount of extra work to get
going, so that'd only really be useful if you needed a full mirror
immediately right now urgently with no delay.

Lemme try to create a manifest.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 2:06:57 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
We've pushed a fix for the issue with repo init --mirror and the
manifest projects.

You should be able to test it by either initializing a new mirror, or
running "repo selfupdate" on an existing mirror to make it immediately
pick up the new repo code (the default selfupdate interval is 24
hours).

JBQ

Carlos Silva

Oct 20, 2011, 2:19:07 PM10/20/11
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 18:06, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
We've pushed a fix for the issue with repo init --mirror and the
manifest projects.

You should be able to test it by either initializing a new mirror, or
running "repo selfupdate" on an existing mirror to make it immediately
pick up the new repo code (the default selfupdate interval is 24
hours).

Confirmed working. Now manifest.git is under the platform dir.

Carlos Silva

Oct 20, 2011, 2:58:27 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On quick question:
To let clients of my mirror checkout a branch different from master, do I need anything specific on the mirror itself?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 20, 2011, 3:23:59 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm doing some work to make mirroring easier, I expect I'll have
something ready soon. I'll start a separate thread once I've run a few
tests.

JBQ

Magnus Bäck

Oct 20, 2011, 3:25:32 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 20:58 CEST,
Carlos Silva <r3...@r3pek.org> wrote:

> On quick question:
> To let clients of my mirror checkout a branch different from master,
> do I need anything specific on the mirror itself?

No. A mirror is a mirror.

--
Magnus B�ck Opinions are my own and do not necessarily
SW Configuration Manager represent the ones of my employer, etc.

Magnus Bäck

Oct 20, 2011, 3:33:21 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 21:25 CEST,

Magnus B�ck <magnu...@sonyericsson.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 20:58 CEST,
> Carlos Silva <r3...@r3pek.org> wrote:
>
> > On quick question:
> > To let clients of my mirror checkout a branch different from master,
> > do I need anything specific on the mirror itself?
>
> No. A mirror is a mirror.

...that said, a mirror based on a single manifest branch might not get
you all gits that you need for mirroring other manifest branches. For
example, platform/packages/apps/AlarmClock disappeared between Froyo
and Gingerbread.

Daniel Callaghan

Oct 20, 2011, 3:31:00 PM10/20/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Make sure u have a lot of bandwidth for the server to use or ur mirror will timeout or have other issues if more than a couple downloads at a time which would be slow in a low vandwidth enviornment

www.LinuxBoxSolution.com

On Oct 20, 2011 3:25 PM, "Magnus Bäck" <magnu...@sonyericsson.com> wrote:
On Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 20:58 CEST,
    Carlos Silva <r3...@r3pek.org> wrote:

> On quick question:
> To let clients of my mirror checkout a branch different from master,
> do I need anything specific on the mirror itself?

No. A mirror is a mirror.

--
Magnus Bäck                   Opinions are my own and do not necessarily

SW Configuration Manager      represent the ones of my employer, etc.
Sony Ericsson

CodeMonkey

Oct 21, 2011, 6:21:08 AM10/21/11
e1fd3bef059d152edf4d0522590725d317bc637f  /home/******/bin/repo
$ repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-2.3.7_r1
Get https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo

fatal: branch 'stable' has not been signed

My colleague has the same error.

Robert Ramiega

Oct 21, 2011, 6:11:20 AM10/21/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
2011/10/20 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>
Hmmm, that's odd, even with that version of repo (which isn't the one

that we typically use for AOSP but should also have all the necessary
features), I still don't have any issues with froyo.

I just used what Dan Morrill used in his post.I'll dig up repo from Google Code and will try with it later.

These are the commits that I have in the manifest project:
$ git rev-parse origin/froyo origin/master
71480329b4ff4ee7f07d756d139425676b09b7c9
1e41b439288f9814810f2008739a28203d0b4d7c

Here is how it looks at my end:

nlj@x-wing:/home/stuff/src/AOSP/froyo/.repo/manifests$ git rev-parse origin/froyo origin/master
6ff5aa77f06aa56ddf6feff9845abba69c86a163
1e41b439288f9814810f2008739a28203d0b4d7c

nlj@x-wing:/home/stuff/src/AOSP/froyo/.repo/manifests$ cd ../../../
nlj@x-wing:/home/stuff/src/AOSP$ ls
2.2.2_r1  froyo  master
nlj@x-wing:/home/stuff/src/AOSP$ git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest mani
Cloning into mani...
remote: Counting objects: 170, done
remote: Finding sources: 100% (31/31)
Receiving objects: 100% (170/170), 97.18 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (17/17), done.

nlj@x-wing:/home/stuff/src/AOSP$ cd mani/
nlj@x-wing:/home/stuff/src/AOSP/mani$ git rev-parse origin/froyo origin/master

nlj@x-wing:/home/stuff/src/AOSP/mani$ git rev-parse origin/android-2.2.2_r1 origin/master
320229cd98b6f101488b9f20872db99f135da901
1e41b439288f9814810f2008739a28203d0b4d7c

2.2.2_r1 froyo and master all were repo inited yesterday (like 24hrs ago or so). Above was taken as I wrote this mail.

Glitch in the Matrix? ;o)

San Xi

Oct 22, 2011, 11:39:09 PM10/22/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
fatal: https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo/info/refs download error - The requested URL returned error: 403

why? Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

2011/10/21 CodeMonkey <ppv...@gmail.com>

Andrea D'Amore

Oct 24, 2011, 4:58:50 PM10/24/11
to Android Building
On 19 Ott, 22:29, Dan Morrill <morri...@google.com> wrote:
>    - You need to get the latest version of the repo tool:
>    curlhttps://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo> ~/bin/repo

What version of tools_repo does the script belong to?

Can a "--version" option be added to repo?

--
Andrea

Conley Owens

Oct 24, 2011, 6:22:34 PM10/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

It already has one :)

~cco3

>> - Dan
>
> --
> Andrea

jun zhang

Oct 24, 2011, 9:44:42 PM10/24/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
when download repo, occurs error, can anyone give some help? thanks.
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0

curl: (28) SSL connection timeout

San Xi

Oct 25, 2011, 11:12:32 AM10/25/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Network problem, I think. I do this is fine.

Daryl

Oct 26, 2011, 10:32:12 AM10/26/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the same error and my repo tool it up to date as well

~/build/android$ sha1sum ~/bin/repo
e1fd3bef059d152edf4d0522590725d317bc637f /home/***/bin/repo

Robert Ramiega

Oct 26, 2011, 10:56:50 AM10/26/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

JBQ, is there someone working on fixing this? I sort of repo synced froyo finally but only after heavy massacre on manifest.xml. I realise that FroYo sources might not be all that important at the moment, I just want to know if this will be fixed at some point

TIA

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 26, 2011, 2:18:43 PM10/26/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The difficulty is that I'm not seeing those issues on my side, so I
have no idea what a fix might need to be.

JBQ

Robert Ramiega

Oct 27, 2011, 7:27:27 AM10/27/11
2011/10/26 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>

> The difficulty is that I'm not seeing those issues on my side, so I
> have no idea what a fix might need to be.

I've tried git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest on 3 diff machines and I always get:

$ git rev-parse origin/froyo
6ff5aa77f06aa56ddf6feff9845abba69c86a163

and there is no sign of 71480329b4ff4ee7f07d756d139425676b09b7c9 revision in logs/whatever =o(

Is there posibility that android.googlesource.com for you resolves to something that's internal to Google and not to googlecode.l.google.com (74.125.79.82 or 66.102.13.82 depending on the machine I'm doing git clone) ?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 27, 2011, 12:07:52 PM10/27/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The Google infrastructure is actually more complex than that. It's
possible however that you're ultimately a different server than I am.
This is beyond my level of knowledge, though, and I'll let the
relevant admin know.

JBQ

Andrea D'Amore

Oct 27, 2011, 5:34:18 PM10/27/11
to Android Building
I have already replied to this but I cannot see my reply message.

On 25 Ott, 00:22, Conley Owens <c...@android.com> wrote:
> > Can a "--version" option be added to repo?
> It already has one :)

It's actually not a version a builtin function of repo (the shell
wrapper), it's the subcommand from the git repository fetched.
This means that if you don't have a repository inited with repo you
can't say what repo version (the script) you have installed.

I was missing the --wrapper-version option, though being it in python
has the same glitch as above: no inited repo, no version output.

Maybe --wrapper-version could be handled on the bash side.

--
Andrea

Andrea D'Amore

Oct 27, 2011, 5:38:37 PM10/27/11
to Android Building
On 19 Ott, 22:29, Dan Morrill <morri...@google.com> wrote:
>    - You need to get the latest version of the repo tool:
>    curlhttps://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo> ~/bin/repo

Just FYI the repo wrapper in the git repository .repo/repo doesn't
contain the updated REPO_URL:

$ diff ../repo .repo/repo/repo
5c5
< REPO_URL='https://android.googlesource.com/tools/repo'
---

--
Andrea

Daisuke Katoh

Oct 27, 2011, 11:27:23 PM10/27/11
to Android Building
There is no CTS tags. And gingerbread cts source code seems to be
older than current(R9). What about these?

> All the tagged branches mentioned onhttp://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html, plus the
> development branches for froyo and gingerbrad, and the AOSP master
> itself.
>
> JBQ
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:43 PM, jason <jasonstr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Gingerbread only or is froyo up as well?
>
> > On Oct 19, 5:36 pm, Matt Oakes <oake...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and again, thank you!

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 28, 2011, 12:40:45 PM10/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That's on the to-do list, but won't be done immediately.

JBQ

Checko Chang

Nov 1, 2011, 6:04:37 AM11/1/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I got the fatal error : "remote error: Git repository not found".
when I clone these 3 projects..

Do they included in the mirror server ?

Checko

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 1, 2011, 3:57:50 PM11/1/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Those projects aren't part of Android (though for historical reasons
they used to be hosted on the same servers as the Android Open-Source
Project), and they're not on the new server.

JBQ

Robert Ramiega

Nov 3, 2011, 8:08:00 AM11/3/11

2011/10/27 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>

The Google infrastructure is actually more complex than that. It's
possible however that you're ultimately a different server than I am.

I imagine that we are seeing only the small tip of an iceberg of that infrastructure and I'm 200% sure you and me are using different servers =o))
Anyway seems my problems have been fixed. Today I've done git pull and :

From https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest
 * [new branch]      android-2.1_r2.1p2 -> origin/android-2.1_r2.1p2
   6ff5aa7..7148032  froyo      -> origin/froyo
 * [new tag]         android-2.1_r2.1p2_ -> android-2.1_r2.1p2_
Already up-to-date.

$ git rev-parse origin/froyo
71480329b4ff4ee7f07d756d139425676b09b7c9

tada!

Thanks for fixing to you and all others involved

Best regards,
 Robert

Netchip

Nov 5, 2011, 9:16:41 AM11/5/11
to Android Building
Hi!
The github.com/android mirror isn't yet configured to the new sources :
(
I like it if the mirrors are again up, I need to fork the framework,
and I can't push it via git, so ...

Thanks in advance,
Netchip

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Nov 7, 2011, 11:17:05 AM11/7/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
That's not an official mirror. You'll need to talk to the maintainers
of that unofficial mirror to get it updated.

JBQ

RobB

Nov 10, 2011, 3:34:19 PM11/10/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Same "not been signed" error here, same up to date repo. Anyone find a solution?

Carlos Silva

Nov 10, 2011, 7:03:55 PM11/10/11
On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 19:34, RobB <rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
Same "not been signed" error here, same up to date repo. Anyone find a solution?

I don't have any problem syncing (only have problems with the kernel trees)

Ahmed Ammar

Nov 16, 2011, 3:05:59 PM11/16/11
to Android Building
I'm using osx 10.6 with Xcode 4.0, I made some fixes that get it to
compile:

https://github.com/ahmedammar/platform_external_qemu/tree/osx-fixes