Building Android OS in Docker (Ubuntu 14.04) freeze

Gang cheng

Apr 4, 2016, 10:09:30 AM4/4/16
to Android Building
I am running a Build job in Jenkins that builds Android OS.
It works fine when I have the job directly under Jenkins.

Then when I try to start the job through Docker plugin, the build hangs randomly in the make step (see an example below).
I have made sure all the tools are installed in the docker image and no error was thrown (l also attached to the same docker container and manually run the build).
The memory usage seems to be high (between 60-80%). I don't know if this may affect the build...
I am kind of running out of idea now. Any advices will help. How can I troubleshoot what actually freeze the build? Thanks!

target Java: CtsKeySetSigningAUpgradeEcA (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsKeySetSigningAUpgradeEcA_intermediates/classes)
/bin/bash: out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsKeySetSigningAUpgradeEcA_intermediates/classes/java-source-list: No such file or directory
target Java: CtsKeySetSigningAUpgradeNone (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsKeySetSigningAUpgradeNone_intermediates/classes)
/bin/bash: out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsKeySetSigningAUpgradeNone_intermediates/classes/java-source-list: No such file or directory
target Java: CtsAtraceTestApp (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsAtraceTestApp_intermediates/classes)
target Java: CtsFramestatsTestApp (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsFramestatsTestApp_intermediates/classes)
target Java: CtsDeviceOsTestApp (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsDeviceOsTestApp_intermediates/classes)
target Java: CtsDeviceAppUsageTestApp (out/target/common/obj/APPS/CtsDeviceAppUsageTestApp_intermediates/classes)
target Java: BuildWidget (out/target/common/obj/APPS/BuildWidget_intermediates/classes)
Note: development/apps/BuildWidget/src/com/android/buildwidget/BuildWidget.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.