Building on latest version of Mac

Roman Mazur

Apr 5, 2014, 8:47:40 AM4/5/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone succeeded in building AOSP master on Mac 10.9.2 and with Xcode 5.1?
I'm getting errors when chromium is being built.

SyntaxError: Unable to find any JNI methods for org/chromium/ui/SelectFileDialog

Saw people saying there are no problems with xcode 5.0.2.

Haojie Xu

Apr 7, 2014, 9:31:08 PM4/7/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I met the similar question recently. When i build android-4.4.2_r2 on Mac OS X 10.9.2 with Xcode 5.1, I got one error:

SyntaxError: Unable to find any JNI methods for org/chromium/ui/Clipboard.
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/ui/jni/Clipboard_jni.h] Error 1

I find the same explaination as yours. Clang with Xcode 5.1 will complain if an unknown argument is used, but Clang with Xcode 5.0.x will not. More details, See this link.

Yash

Apr 8, 2014, 12:26:11 AM4/8/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Other workaround is not to build webview.
I removed the frameworks/webview/Android.mk and it built fine.

But then browser would get runtime crash. :-(

Roman Mazur

Apr 9, 2014, 4:43:32 AM4/9/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Managed to build on Mac.
1. Download Xcode 5.0.2 from https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action
2. Put it into Applications directory under Xcode-5.0.2.app name
3. Run xcode-select --switch /Application/Xcode-5.0.2.app/Contents/Developer

Now you are able to run make.