Android 4.4W in AOSP

Deniz Kökden

Jun 29, 2014, 10:02:50 AM6/29/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I just want to ask a short question, is Android 4.4W also known as Android Wear coming to AOSP?
I know that Android Wear ist based on a lot of closed source Google Services. But if the base system itself would be released in AOSP it would be really nice for porting over to other legacy Android Based Watches. As for now we tinker with the emulator images which is a pain.

regards,
Deniz

Christopher Price

Jul 2, 2014, 11:05:35 AM7/2/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The past few discussions I've had on this subject offline have left me with a migraine. Not figuratively, I might add.

So, all I will say is that, as a proud open-source advocate, I share this question and would love clarity on it too. And if this thread is in the wrong place, I encourage Google to open a new place to further such discussion... they're in the proper position to do that.

Christopher Price