Android build system, apk cannot be installed

Nikhil S Nair

Oct 20, 2017, 9:02:32 PM10/20/17
to Android Building
Hello All,

I have tried to build an apk of a sample project. But the when i create an apk using an Android.mk file, the dex files are getting stripped off from the apk.
When i try to install, Invalid apk error is shown. Kindly provide your suggestions on how to rectify this isssue.

NOTE: I have already tried
mm DEX_PREOPT_DISABLE = true
and
adding the same in my mk file.

Thank you for your time

Colin Cross

Oct 20, 2017, 11:54:31 PM10/20/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You need to tell the build system that you are building an unbundled app and not a platform build.  You can do that with:
source build/envsetup.sh
tapas AppName
make

or with:
make TARGET_BUILD_APPS=AppName

---

Nikhil S Nair

Oct 21, 2017, 12:22:11 PM10/21/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your answer , but I got the solution. I was building for a specific Target so the Android support libraries resource directory had to be mentioned separately .

Thank you all, for your time