What is the difference between lollipop-mr1-release and lollipop-fi-release

Maxime Poulain

Aug 16, 2015, 10:29:26 PM8/16/15
to Android Building
Hello

I assume that fi stands for wifi callign right ?

But if I am not misstaken mr1 release has newer commits than the other one.

So my question is the following : for most devices which branch should I track on my personnal project?

Thx.

Sfera Dev

Aug 17, 2015, 2:35:20 PM8/17/15
to Android Building
You should track tags instead of branches. Latest one is android-5.1.1_r13.

Maxime Poulain

Aug 17, 2015, 8:20:50 PM8/17/15
to Android Building
Well look at this:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+log/a5e904e7eb3aaec532de83ca52e24af18e0496b4

and

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+log/a0e574d7766ccfa374f337fea85dd616d4046674*

As you can see r13 is the lollipop-fi-release's head while r10 is lollipop-mr1-release.

If you look at some projects, r10 has more and newer commits than r13.

That's why I was wondering what is the Google's will behind this.

Timduru Meerkat

Aug 22, 2015, 11:48:50 AM8/22/15
to Android Building
The -fi branch (and tag _r13)  are for project-FI device(s)  ( currently only the US Nexus6 )
Unless you are using that device you should stick with tags that are in the mr1-release branch. (latest is _r10)
it has more recent changes too as you noticed.
(  _r12 is in the -wfc branch which is an older fork )

Maxime Poulain

Aug 26, 2015, 8:52:39 AM8/26/15
to Android Building
Oh thank you for the explanation.