Repo Tool Error

azpacif...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2013, 3:35:10 PM12/20/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
 I have never had this happen. I cannot get repo to initialize. I keep getting this:
Code:
here@here:~$ cd mydroid/Freescale/droid
here@here:~/mydroid/Freescale/droid$ PATH=~/bin:$PATH
here@here:~/mydroid/Freescale/droid$ repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.3_r2.1
/home/here/bin/repo: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/home/here/bin/repo: line 1: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
here@here:~/mydroid/Freescale/droid$
I uninstalled it, re-downloaded, and re-installed it. Still I get this. I have search all over and can't find anything on this. I do know the problem seems to be within repo, but I don't know how to fix it.Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Glenn Kasten

Dec 20, 2013, 5:22:28 PM12/20/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Your copy of 'repo' tool in /home/here/bin is corrupt.  Probably the download failed and was replaced by an error message in HTML.
Get a fresh copy of repo, look at it to make sure it's a valid script.
It should start with something like this:
  #!/usr/bin/env python
  ## repo default configuration
Then mark it executable with chmod +x.

azpacif...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2013, 7:33:47 PM12/20/13
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Problem Solved. I found this and it fixed the problem.

 - Make sure you have a bin/ directory in your home directory and that it is included in your path: (Very Important)

$ PATH=~/bin:$PATH

- Next,
$ chmod +x ~/bin/repo
Thanks,

Oscar Rodrigo Hernández Panczenko

Sep 2, 2014, 7:14:11 AM9/2/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Perfect! It helped me with the same problem when trying to install Chromium OS. Thanks a lot!

Oscar.

Jamie Jackson

Jan 13, 2017, 2:29:56 PM1/13/17
to Android Building
Where do I get a fresh copy of the repo? I def found the error message you speak of

Dan Willemsen

Jan 13, 2017, 2:51:04 PM1/13/17
to Android Building
The instructions on how to download repo are in the link in Glenn's message: http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html#installing-repo

- Dan

---

Jamie Jackson

Jan 13, 2017, 7:15:49 PM1/13/17
to Android Building
I did that already....my issue now is that I'm attempting to run a repo init to now pull the source but I am being denied permission to access the repo file.  I am on Centos and do not know how to fix this, even though I am set as admin