Fetch issue trying to sync with Master repository

Federico Martini

Mar 16, 2015, 4:20:09 PM3/16/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just finished to configure the environment in order to be able to
build Android from sources. I've followed step by step the guide on
the main site (https://source.android.com/source/downloading.html) and
all goes well till the command "repo sync" tried to fetch the project
platform/prebuilts/sdk.

Once the script reaches this fetching operation it seems to be stuck.
Nothing happens. I see the network leds blinking, like it's
downloading something, but nothing more. I've already tried to use
"repo sync -j1", but wasn't helpful. If I try to use "repo sync .f" it
reaches 99% and stuck there till the end of time.

Furthermore, I've investigated into the .repo/projects folder for the
presence of sdk.git/ and it is present, so I cannot figure where is
the problem, because it seems to be the only project that give me a
problem.

I'm working on a Linux Mint 16 64 bit virtual machine on VMWare and
I've also tried to enable the option Bridged Network Connection but
with no luck.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
FM

Federico Martini

Mar 17, 2015, 12:47:53 PM3/17/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I answer to myself cause I've solved the issue.

I've removed completly the folder .repo/prebuilts/sdk.git and launched again the 'repo sync platform/prebuilts/sdk' command and all went well.

I remember that I interrupted the syncing of that project (CTRL+Z) because of its size (+2Gb), so perhaps something went wrong.

Nice to have it and I hope it should be useful for you also.

Regards,
FM

Robbie Zhu

Dec 1, 2016, 10:22:56 AM12/1/16
to Android Building
I met the same problem,thanks so much~~~!

在 2015年3月18日星期三 UTC+8上午12:47:53,Federico Martini写道: