Soong: how to use PRODUCT_XXX vars in genrule or golang

DavidRobin

Mar 26, 2018, 11:16:45 AM3/26/18
to Android Building
Hi,

I am trying to use "genrule" in my Android.bp to generate some header files, which requires some input like PRODUCT_MODEL etc that are defined in product_config.mk.
It seems that those variables cannot be directly used in the "cmd" of a "genrule" in Android.bp.

However, I also tried to write my golang with Android.bp, but it turns out that in the golang I still cannot access those .mk defined vars. Only some env vars are available.

Could anybody point out a way for me?

Thanks a lot,
Robin

Abhishek Dwivedi

Apr 26, 2018, 11:28:36 AM4/26/18
to Android Building
Same problem I am trying to solve, to refer .mk generated files into .bp build.