android source build with full-eng build target for full development configuration with debugging tools

Ruth

Aug 10, 2011, 2:14:49 AM8/10/11
to Android Building
I have a library for NFC , Libnfc-nxp and I want my application code
to break into this code, My Eclipse is C/C++ and Java. I compiled the
gingerbread source with the lunch full-eng option. Hoping this would
enable me to look into the libnfc from the Eclipse IDE. Plz tell me
what debug tools I can use to do this. I wanted to compile the code
with the debug information, symbols so my code would trace the flow
into the NFC library. Though this has not happended. Plz enlighten me
about this full-eng build target option , If anyone has tried this.
Regards
Ruth.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Aug 10, 2011, 10:24:55 AM8/10/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
full-eng is an emulator-only build, and the nfc code is
hardware-specific. Since the emulator doesn't emulate any nfc
hardware, the nfc code isn't included in the full build.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Jaroslav Záruba

Jan 12, 2017, 10:39:23 AM1/12/17
to Android Building, j...@android.com
Hello

Please, does this also mean that full-eng is the only target that can be run within the emulator (without also building the kernel)...?

I am new to this, and the official guide kinda makes the impression pretty much any successful build can be followed with "emulator" in order to launch the result in an AVD.
Now I know that is not possible for aosp_deb-userdebug, aosp_deb-eng, and maybe more...? (Maybe if I buld the kernel myself...?) While full-eng works just fine.

Regards
  J. Záruba