Errors Building 5.0.2 on Mountain Lion

Connor C.

Dec 24, 2014, 6:04:20 PM12/24/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm using gcc 4.7.1 and I'm getting this error:

system/core/libutils/Printer.cpp: In member function 'virtual void android::FdPrinter::printLine(const char*)':
system/core/libutils/Printer.cpp:119: error: 'dprintf' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [/Volumes/android/cm12/out/host/darwin-x86/obj32/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libutils_intermediates/Printer.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

#### make failed to build some targets (12:27 (mm:ss)) ####

Any ideas?
Thanks

Yu-Ming Chang

Jan 4, 2015, 11:54:20 PM1/4/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

  You need to export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME to where your JDK is installed (the path which has "bin" folder underneath it)

Paul Beeler

Jan 5, 2015, 11:12:02 AM1/5/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Is there a specific reason why your using gcc 4.7?  As far as I know gcc 4.8 is the default compiler for most CPU target types (arm) in android 5.0 lollipop.  Try using 4.8 instead.

---

Yu-Ming Chang

Jan 5, 2015, 9:02:11 PM1/5/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 Sorry, I missed you question up with another one.

 For this issue, you need to change your Xcode command line tools to version 5 (I was using Xcode 6 and got the exact same errors as you got now), you may select it with [Xcode] -> [Preferences] -> [Locations] -> [Command line tools].

 Note: if you don't have the version 5, you can download dmg file from Apple.

 Good luck!

BR
Chang

Yu-Ming Chang於 2015年1月5日星期一UTC+8下午12時54分20秒寫道: