How to solve: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL /usr/bin/ld

Shayan Pakzad

Aug 8, 2017, 11:58:25 AM8/8/17
to Android Building

I use AOSP to build android. I use these commands to build android on my ubuntu 17.04:

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.0.1_r1 repo sync -j8 . build/envsetup.sh lunch make -j8

and aftar 30 minutes this error came, anybody know how to fix it?

host Executable: tblgen (out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/tblgen_intermediates/tblgen) /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL collect2: ld returned 1 exit status /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/lib/libGLES_CM_translator.so] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... collect2: ld returned 1 exit status collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

John Kelley

Aug 9, 2017, 9:58:46 AM8/9/17
to Android Building
I don't know that any Android version is recommended to be build on Ubuntu 17, so this may cause problems - especially with an Android version as old as ICS. That aside, it appears that you are missing the  thelibgl1-mesa-dev dependency (or Ubuntu 17 equivalent).