Have run "repo sync" command for building AOSP Rom since Monday. Is that strange?

Dexter Moregan

Apr 2, 2014, 11:47:06 PM4/2/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to build the AOSP Rom. So, I do as this
link http://source.android.com/source/building.html. I have do in the
step that I have to run "repo sync" command. I run that command since
Monday and the running is not finish yet. Is that strange?

Tar

Ravi Sharan

Apr 3, 2014, 6:54:22 AM4/3/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
While it is true that repo sync takes long long time to download the source onto your system, it is quite weird that you are still unable to download the complete source even by Thursday. repo sync can take long time for following reasons:
1) repo sync is enabled with lesser threads in the source manifesto.
2) your internet connection is way too slow.

Dexter Moregan

Apr 4, 2014, 6:56:48 AM4/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I used to repo sync before but it's not take too long like this time.

How do I increase the threads in the source manifesto?

FYI, I do it on Ubuntu 12.0.4 which is on VMWare workstation 9. My PC's OS is Windows 8.1

shridutt kothari

Apr 7, 2014, 9:25:47 AM4/7/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dexter,

you can increase no of download threads with -j option,

ex. repo sync -j4

Thanks,
Shridutt Kothari
Impetus Infotech India Ltd.

Gautam Ghate

Jun 23, 2014, 7:30:13 AM6/23/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem too. I've been running repo sync for the android_4.1.1_r1 (JellyBean) branch for the last 10 days and have a 17.5 GB repository downloaded. Its still running and looks like it will go on for ever. Is there any way I can get a snapshot of the source code as I **do not** neet the bleeding edge latest source? I'm just trying out this code on a board for which I have an Android ICS port. Can anybody give pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Gautam

Vishveshwar

Jun 24, 2014, 2:33:17 AM6/24/14
On Monday, June 23, 2014 5:00:13 PM UTC+5:30, Gautam Ghate wrote:
Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem too. I've been running repo sync for the android_4.1.1_r1 (JellyBean) branch for the last 10 days and have a 17.5 GB repository downloaded. Its still running and looks like it will go on for ever. Is there any way I can get a snapshot of the source code as I **do not** neet the bleeding edge latest source? I'm just trying out this code on a board for which I have an Android ICS port. Can anybody give pointers?

Have you tried 'repo sync -c'

The  -c flag says to download only the current branch which was set in 'repo init'

-Vishveshwar