Not able to boot Marshmallow AOSP image of nexus 5s

HariGopal Gollamudi

Apr 12, 2016, 10:43:06 AM4/12/16
to Android Building
Hi all,

I have got the latest code base from android source. I have built it for bullhead. Flashed the generated .img files on nexus 5s device.
Also, flashed vendor.img from extracted factory image.

The device is halting at android boot logo. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
HariGopal G

Gnome

Apr 14, 2016, 12:49:27 AM4/14/16
to Android Building
Hi,

Try extracting the binary files for bullhead from https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers make sure that you extract the correct binaries on for it.

Regards,

andrew_esh

Apr 14, 2016, 12:49:27 AM4/14/16
to Android Building
5s or 5X? I've built and run Marshmallow on a Nexus 5 (hammerhead). I didn't encounter any problems. Did you unpack the driver packages int he sandbox beforehand? Did you pick a Marshmallow version that specifically lists support for bullhead? It looks like MHC19Q android-6.0.1_r24 is the latest version that supports the 5X.