Installing a prebuilt APK with Android.bp

Will Newton

Mar 26, 2018, 11:16:46 AM3/26/18
to Android Building

Hi,

Is it possible to add a prebuilt APK to the build using an Android.bp file? I know it is possible to do this using Android.mk include $(BUILD_PREBUILT) but androidmk cannot convert a makefile of this kind.

Is there another way of doing this or do I have to convert my tree of Android.bp files back to Android.mk?

Thanks,

Dan Willemsen

Mar 26, 2018, 2:25:55 PM3/26/18
to Android Building
No, keep prebuilt APKs in an Android.mk for now -- it's safe to have both an Android.mk and Android.bp, even in the same directory.

In general we've kept most prebuilts in Make for now, unless they're depended upon by something in Soong. For the prebuilts that we do have, we mostly just pass them right back to Make anyways, so there's little benefit to moving at this time.

- Dan

---

Wesolowski, Krzysztof

Mar 27, 2018, 9:26:33 PM3/27/18
to Android Building

You can have "parallel build trees" in both mk/bp, so you only need to add MKs where BPs is lacking.

(disclaimer - I do not know if there is BP support for apk prebuilts).

BR, K.