AOSP 7.1.2 Make OTA Package Failed But Make Completes Successfully - Why?

Nate Robbins

May 2, 2017, 7:09:12 PM5/2/17
to Android Building
Hi! I synced AOSP 7.1.2 r_8 for my Nexus5X (bullhead) and I ran make -j6. It completed sucessfully. However, then if I run make otapackage -j6, it fails with this error:

assert succ, "build " + what + ".img image failed"
AssertionError: build system.img image failed
build/core/ninja.mk:148: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1

The full output is here: https://pastebin.com/tsAbZF9B

Why can it not make a ZIP file, but it can make the images (system.img, boot.img etc.)

Dan Willemsen

May 2, 2017, 7:11:40 PM5/2/17
to Android Building
It looks like you ran out of space on /tmp:

failed to write to output: No space left on device

- Dan

---

Nate Robbins

May 3, 2017, 6:27:48 PM5/3/17