OTA update help

Darius Radius

Mar 24, 2017, 7:39:05 PM3/24/17
to Android Building
Hello,
we are starting build AOSP and it looks we are successful. But we have problems with OTA update.

We are able to make zip file, we are able to change otaupdateurl but we dont understand how to tell, that is new version of zip file.

Could you advise good simple tutorial?

Thank you
Radek

Yang Jiabing

Mar 24, 2017, 11:35:44 PM3/24/17
to Android Building

With http protocol for the response,you could add the version message to http head message. Java has the HttpURLConnection to do this. Your server need to read this message to find out the version in the client.

If you use the basic socket to write it, it's the same that add message and you server get this message and even more freedom for coding. But it's also hard to learn.