Using Java 7 for AOSP building

Yury Zhauniarovich

Jul 1, 2014, 11:43:58 AM7/1/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Today I discovered that for building master branch of AOSP you now need to use Java 7 (OpenJDK 7 for Linux). However, sometimes I also need to build older versions of Android (for instance Jelly Bean, etc.). Can someone explain how to be able to build simultaneously master and older versions of Android? Can I completely switch to Java 7 usage?

Thank you!

Sam Yao

Jul 2, 2014, 2:43:55 AM7/2/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yury,

  I think you can create two users in ubuntu, and setup different JAVA paramters for each android platform. Then you only need to switch users to build different android platform.

BR
Sam

在 2014年7月1日星期二UTC+8下午11时43分58秒,Yury Zhauniarovich写道:

Dan Willemsen

Jul 2, 2014, 11:44:34 AM7/2/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Just install both versions of Java. As long as JAVA_HOME isn't already set in your environment, the android build will automatically set up JAVA_HOME and PATH to the correct version.

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014, Yury Zhauniarovich <y.zhaln...@gmail.com> wrote:
Today I discovered that for building master branch of AOSP you now need to use Java 7 (OpenJDK 7 for Linux). However, sometimes I also need to build older versions of Android (for instance Jelly Bean, etc.). Can someone explain how to be able to build simultaneously master and older versions of Android? Can I completely switch to Java 7 usage?

Thank you!

---