I build android-7.0.0_r31 for Nexus 6 and download it to my Nexus6, but cant boot up.

haiqing qiu

Apr 11, 2017, 10:08:37 AM4/11/17
to Android Building
Hi,
   I git source code for  android-7.0.0_r31 and build aosp_shamu-userdebug, after that, I compressed the following files to update.zip

android-info.txt
boot.img
cache.img
recover.img
system.img
userdata.img

and run

fastboot -w update update.zip

to write the image to my nexus6 device, till now, everyting seems OK, but after that, the phone can't bootup,
it hangs at the first frame, which only shows a "Google"

I notice that my system.img is about 668.5M, and the binary image I download (n6f26y) is abot 1.6G, I think this different may because my build is AOSP, and the downloaded file is full?

anyone can help me, how to fix this booting issue?

When build, I meet an error @33%, which said jack-server used out of heap, I follow some post to increase the heap, but it can't work. finally I have to do jack-admin kill-server; jack-admin start-server first, then make clobber and make -j4 to workaround this issue. I think this may not be the reason of my "can't boot" up issue.

thanks.

haiqing qiu

Apr 12, 2017, 10:40:11 AM4/12/17
to Android Building