Effective: Making changes and rebuilding android sdk tool

msec

Oct 4, 2016, 10:27:36 AM10/4/16
to Android Building
I would like to change the code of a sdk tool and rebuild it, sdk/hierarchyviewer2. Currently i am running make sdk from the root, which runs for a long time. Can i make the process of changing und rebuilding faster?

I know i can run m or mm inside the directory or do a make hierarchyviewer but those also take a long time or do not reflect my changes (i read https://android.googlesource.com/platform/sdk/+/master/docs/howto_build_SDK.txt).

Do i have to first run a make sdk an can then do a specific command after each change, what is the correct sequence of actions?

I sadly can't find the documentation for my specific problem and testing each combination takes ages ... i would be glad if someone could share his experience.