AOSP doesn't boot up at least post-March 2018 on taimen

dar...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2018, 1:28:15 PM6/1/18
to Android Building
OK guys I have spent the last 2 days sync'ing and building the AOSP branches for the master (tried both latest binary preview, and latest May 2018 real binaries), and May 2018 (and corresponding binaries). I have built AOSP many times before for the Pixel 2 XL and also for the Pixel XL, so this isn't my first rodeo. I am at a loss for words but maybe someone other than me wants to try to build the May 2018 tag (android-8.1.0_r28) with corresponding binaries (OPM4.171019.016.B1 vendor and qualcomm).

What I am seeing is it hitting the Google "G" logo, and then immediately going black and hitting the bootloader.

I was ecstatic to see March 2018 work. Maybe it's possible I was using the wrong binaries or something, but I really doubt it because I tried building master and May at least two or three times a piece. Just wanted to give a heads-up in case anyone was wrestling with this same issue