Ninja is unable to find new added Android.mk?

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 23, 2017, 10:34:46 AM8/23/17
to Android Building
Hi,
I'm building Android O with my device tree but
I got the error

[1/1] out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build out/soong/build.ninja
No need to regenerate ninja file
ninja: error: 'out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/apksig_intermediates/classes.jar', needed by 'out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/signapk_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar', missing and no known rule to make it
13:28:20 ninja failed with: exit status 1
make: *** [run_soong_ui] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/cwhuang/git/oreo-x86'

#### make failed to build some targets (13 seconds) ####

After checking my codebase, I accidentally deleted tools/apksig/ dir.
Then I added it back. However, I still got the error as before.
It seems Ninja won't parse the new added Android.mk.
How could I force it to do a full parsing?
Do I need to do a clean build? (I don't think/hope so)

Colin Cross

Aug 23, 2017, 11:45:56 AM8/23/17
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Kati is supposed to detect the new Android.mk, but if you put it back
in a way that left it with an old timestamp it may not notice. Touch
any makefile that is read and it should reread everything:
touch Makefile
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "Android Building" group.
> email to android-buildi...@googlegroups.com.

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 24, 2017, 10:37:56 AM8/24/17
to Android Building

Colin Cross於 2017年8月23日星期三 UTC+8下午11時45分56秒寫道:
Kati is supposed to detect the new Android.mk, but if you put it back
in a way that left it with an old timestamp it may not notice.  Touch
any makefile that is read and it should reread everything:
touch Makefile

I used repo sync to re-create it so I believe
the timestamp is correct.
However, I'm unable to reproduce the issue
after a clean build.
Don't know what happened yesterday...
Anyway, thank you for the explanation!