i'm in china, google is blocked...,downloading android-2.3_r1 source reach 97% refused to forword

sales...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2014, 11:18:19 AM7/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
i'm in china, google is blocked, i cannot download android source. so i buy a vpn service, now i can do it but downloading is so slow, sometime reach 120 KiB/s, always 10~30Kib/s.
i've been downloading eight days, not yet finished.
i installed cywin on winxp, because vpn client which i used only support windows/andoid/ios, don't support linux,
here is my downloading commands:

cd /cygdrive/j/download

mkdir bin

PATH=$PWD/bin:$PATH

curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo

chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

mkdir src

cd src

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-2.3_r1

repo sync

after downloading begin, sometime connection will be broken, when connection is broken, input command "repo sync", downloading can continue.

when downloading re-start, more times counter is x%(y/165), fewer is x%(y/166), i don't know why.

when downloading reach 97% (161/165) or 97% (162/166), don't forward any more

Fetching projects:  97% (161/165)  Fetching project platform/external/blktrace

Receiving objects:  26% (5688/21576), 13.06 MiB | 27 KiB/s

it's seem there're 3 counters, x/8753, y/21576, z/901775. x,y,z is increasing when downloading.
Percentage seem calculate by for example x div 8753, y div 21576, and so on.
so 5688/21576 = 26%

when z/901775 reach 80%, more or less, downloading connection will be broken.
so i re-input command "repo sync" to continue, then 3 counters start zero, of course quickly increase to great by zero.

when z/901775 reach 80% or so again, connection will be broken again, repo sync it again. like this over and over, again and again, i'v been downloading eight  days, not yet finished.

i checked all downloaded source file's sum size, it's increasing from 5G, to 10G, 20G, 30G, now time is 36G.

others tell me it's a 2G zip files and unzip to 5G size, another tell me downloaded all size is 10G, but i have downloaded 36G, not fininshed

my question is:

1. is there wrong with my downloading?

2. what' size of android-2.3_r1 source?

any advise is appreciated.

白书来

Jul 4, 2014, 4:35:35 PM7/4/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Sad story... I am a Chinese too.
At first,the VPN you buy is not very good.VPN don’t need any client usually,I think it would be better if you buy a VPS on digitalocean or linode and then setup a pptp VPN server by yourself,and in this way you can download sourcecode on linux rather than cygwin.
  Also, you say that you have download sourcecode about 8 days,but i don't think it can be that long.

> --
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Building" group.

Pengfei Li

Jul 6, 2014, 6:01:55 AM7/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello. I'm in Shanghai now.

A cheap way to download AOSP source is to add rules to /etc/hosts and run repo sync many times or automatically in a simple while loop.

For hosts configuration, you just need to know a current non-blocked GGC (Google Global Cache) IP and all domains you need to access when doing repo sync.
Following is my current configuration, it works well in my computer, at least at present.

203.208.46.200 www.googlesource.com

Hope it helps.

sales...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 8:22:55 PM7/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
hi lee, i wrote a reply last weekend in chinese and send it, but not out here. when i'm speaking in chinese if possible, i can deliver out my situation more clearly and more exactly, and feel free, thanks.
my sad story has not ended, i'll try vps, thanks.

在 2014年7月5日星期六UTC+8上午4时35分35秒,fengye lee写道:

sales...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 8:34:21 PM7/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
to Li:
thanks very much, i'll try it

在 2014年7月6日星期日UTC+8下午6时01分55秒,Pengfei Li写道:

sales...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 9:57:29 PM7/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Li:
i append ips to /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

get android source down need repo command

run curl failed, because https://storage.googleapis.com cannot access:

curl https://storage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ./bin/repo

so i copy cywin on winxp repo to centos 6.0

cd ~

mkdir -p android/android-2.3_r1

cd android

mkdir bin

--copy repo from cywin on winxp to ~/android/bin

PATH=$PWD/bin:$PATH

cd android-2.3_r1

then failed

Get https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo

fatal: Unable to find remote helper for 'https'

how can i fix it, thank you very much.

Thomas.Wang

在 2014年7月6日星期日UTC+8下午6时01分55秒,Pengfei Li写道:

sales...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2014, 1:06:37 AM7/7/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It's so exited, it's worked use Li's way.
append hosts to /etc/hosts(in china)
I'm using centos 6.0, before download android source, update os is needed.

update os:

yum install zlib-devel curl curl-devel openssl-devel perl cpio expat-devel gettext-devel

install curl-7.29.0

wget http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.29.0.tar.gz

tar zxvf curl-7.29.0.tar.gz

cd curl-7.29.0

./configure

make

make install

curl --version //used check curl version

install expat-2.1.0 openssl

change /lib/libexpat.so.1 link to new install version

install git-latest.tar.gz

wget http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/projects/git-snapshots/git/git-latest.tar.gz

tar xzvf git-latest.tar.gz

cd git-2012-10-11

autoconf

./configure

make

make install

then
cd ~

mkdir -p android/android-2.3_r1

cd android

mkdir bin

//copy repo from cywin run on winxp to ./bin

chmod a+x ./bin/repo

PATH=$PWD/bin:$PATH

cd android-2.3_r1

git config --global user.email "em...@gmail.com" (replace email a real one)

git config --global user.name "google-user-name" (replace username a real one)

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-2.3_r1

repo sync

在 2014年7月6日星期日UTC+8下午6时01分55秒,Pengfei Li写道:

bcdd...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 1:14:57 PM7/11/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Your best solution is to rent a proxy server. Or you could make one yourself cheap at http://linode.com
The Great Firewall of China is restricting TCP port 80 and 21 mainly.