Still building recovery image, in spite of TARGET_NO_RECOVERY := true

Fabio Fumi

Mar 25, 2015, 12:44:38 PM3/25/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to build 5.1.0_r1 for a custom device (but I've just started the customization, so it's basically AOSP code), but it fails because of this:

target thumb C++: recovery <= bootable/recovery/bootloader.cpp
target thumb C++: recovery <= bootable/recovery/install.cpp
target thumb C++: recovery <= bootable/recovery/roots.cpp
bootable/recovery/roots.cpp:35:21: fatal error: cryptfs.h: No such file or directory
 #include "cryptfs.h"
                     ^
compilation terminated.

I don't understand why it's building the recovery image, even though I set

TARGET_NO_RECOVERY := true

in my BoardConfig.mk.

Also, I don't understand why it's not finding cryptfs.h, which is present in system/vold.

Any help ?

thanks
Fabio

Ash Charles

Apr 7, 2015, 5:14:03 PM4/7/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I also ran into this error when building from the 5.1.0_r3 tag.  It looks there are two relevant commits on master:

$ git log ..aosp/master --grep cryptfs --oneline
6ed899a Remove superfluous OpenSSL include paths.
3cd669f Fix build when TARGET_USERIMAGES_USE_EXT4 is not defined

Updating to master resolved the issue.

--Ash

Deepak Sharma

Apr 25, 2015, 11:16:40 AM4/25/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
http://gerrit.aogp-devs.com/#/c/1264/

Cherry pick this
bootable/recovery

And build :)

Bhushan Shirwalkar

Apr 25, 2015, 11:16:40 AM4/25/15
to android-...@googlegroups.com
how to do this?? can u please elaborate more with 2nd n 34d line?? m facing same issue