Correct kernel source for emulator aosp_x84_64-eng target

tiagoto...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 7:15:00 PM3/15/18
to Android Building
What I'm trying to do? I want to launch the emulator built on aops_x86_64-eng BUT using a kernel bulit separately (emulator -kernel ...) with prebuilts/qemu-kernel/build-kernel.sh
Now, I don't want ANY kernel, I want the SAME kernel that comes prebuilt in AOSP for that target, that works fine when I launch just "emulator".
I've tried with several goldfish (up to 4.4-dev) from android repo, but I always end up either with a kernel panic or a bootloop or a hung during init.
I see from qemu output (-show-kernel) that the kernel version is exaclty 4.4.116 for the prebuilt kernel, but I couldn't make it work using one some of the available in the repo.

Any advice with this?

Thank you!