Can not build android bootstrap

Leo Qiu

Apr 6, 2014, 12:20:31 AM4/6/14
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All
  I am new to android bootstrap, I am not able to build the project successfully by following the instructions and the video on github

  I have found 3 different branches for android bootstrap and was trying to do "mvn clean install" to build the project for each of them, but can not make any of them happen, can anyone point out what I did wrong, I just strictly followed the instruction on github

#1 . branch "gradle-appcompat-wip" : no pom file in child directory app/pom.xml
Child module /Users/xxx/android-bootstrap/app/pom.xml of /Users/xxx/android-bootstrap/pom.xml does not exist
#2. branch "master" : doesn’t even have a pom.xml file
#3. branch "roboguice": after downloading all the dependencies into .m2 cache, it throws a bunch of errors
[WARNING] Error injecting: com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.phase01generatesources.GenerateSourcesMojo
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lorg/sonatype/aether/RepositorySystem;
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2348)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1779)
at com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.getInjectionPoints(InjectionPoint.java:661)
at com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forInstanceMethodsAndFields(InjectionPoint.java:366)

Thx
Leo

Parag Datar

Oct 28, 2015, 8:04:37 PM10/28/15
to Android Bootstrap
I can see that the post is too old, but I am facing the same problem. Anyone who can help?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Alyson Rodrigo

Jan 9, 2016, 1:56:47 PM1/9/16
to Android Bootstrap
Hello,
For starters you could forget the initial setup of android with maven, the current version is using gradle, I had a little trouble to set up the fabric and install on my android studio in a matter of generating Crashlytics, that's all that this tutorial https://docs.fabric.io/android/fabric/integration.html not help and finally a simple inattention lost a whole day stuck in a compilation error due to a mismatch with:
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.0.1' did not accept to use a feature created in the build folder that generates the entire structure, the solution I found was to replace 23.0.1 to 22.2.1 cleared the project, in the build> clean project menu, then synchronized the change and is working properly.

Sorry few grammatical errors'm Brazilian, my English writing is not the best, what matters is that I'm having the best of intentions to help.

att,
Alyson Rodrigo